JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/9495-names.html)

TylerJ1029 January 1st, 2005 11:55 AM

What the story behind your name? What about your childs name?

TylerJ1029 January 1st, 2005 11:59 AM

My first name is the name of what was my mothers favorite soap opera star when she was pregnant with me. My middle name is the name of my grandmothers sister who passed away before I was born. If I have a daughter I plan on giving her my middle name because my mom and grandmother have the same middle name as each other.

As far as DS. Tyler is a name both DH and I liked. Well DH liked because of Tyler from Fight Club (brad pitts character). His middle name is the same name as his great great great grandfather on DH's side. I think that's how many greats, lol.

kjomomma January 3rd, 2005 07:17 PM

I dare not say....the story of my name will let everyone know just how dysfunctional my family is.... :wacko: :wacko: :P

The story of this baby's name is easy....Rayanna...after my two closest friends. Ray is the ones middle name and Anna is the others first and Moran is my grandma that just recently passed middle name.

TwiceBlessed January 3rd, 2005 07:23 PM

There's not a story behind my name Lauren Nicole. I was called Lauren for the first day of my life, but my mom decided I looked more like a Nicole.

I chose my boys names because they were all names I just happened to like. Matthew Gage and Jackson Noah.

angied January 4th, 2005 02:08 PM

My name is Alyson Jill. My mom liked the name "Allison" and my dad decided on the spelling. I was almost a Britney though! I would've been Ryan (my now 19 yo brother's name) if I was a boy.

Um...and my baby, I have no idea of the sex, but we have a really long Ukrainian last name, so I won't pick anything too long or complicated, but it may be a Ukrainian or Russian name.

lisaannpollock January 6th, 2005 01:51 PM

My mom really liked the name Lisa. Ann is the middle name of both my mother and grandmother.

For my son, my husband and I both made a list of 10 boys names and 10 girls names that we liked. We swapped lists and crossed of the names we did not like. Cameron and Michael were two names on my husband's list. We really liked how they sounded together, so that is where Cameron's name came from, and it really suits him!

Luxe January 6th, 2005 07:30 PM

My mother actually wanted to name me Tina marie. However, My aunt who had a child before my mother took the name. So my mother went with Lisa Ann. Not for any reason other than she liked the name.

My son, Ashton, was not named after anyone. I loved the name and when I saw him I knew it was his name. At the time I didn't know of anyone named Ashton so I thought it was super cool, now it's all over the place! He's 10 now.

lisaannpollock January 7th, 2005 06:20 AM

Luxe,
I see we share a name!