JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/)
-   -   Vbac after placental abruption (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/2584347-vbac-after-placental-abruption.html)

mademiev October 13th, 2012 10:07 PM

Vbac after placental abruption

Hello All-

I'm wondering if anyone out there has had a successful VBAC after having a placental abruption? I've been trying to do a little of my own research and haven't really found anything. I had two successful vaginal deliveries with my daughters, but my son's birth ended in a c-section due to a placental abruption. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Alpha_allie1010 December 13th, 2012 01:45 PM

Re: Vbac after placental abruption

I hope someone responds! I had a PA with my daughter and just found out I am pregnant again and I am considering a VBAC

mademiev January 17th, 2013 04:13 PM

As you can see, I've been waiting forever!! At this point, I'm losing hope that someone will respond and that I'll be able to have a vaginal birth. My OB considered it at first, but this baby is transverse, I have BP issues, and I just think it would be safer to do another c-section. I hope you have better luck! Best wishes.

lhug_nar January 17th, 2013 04:40 PM

Personally I would talk with a VBAC friendly provider but from the little bit that I've seen through ICAN as long as you're health and baby is healthy subsequent pregnancies after an abruption should be safe. Again though, it really depends on your health and baby's health and the best option would be to thoroughly discuss it with a VBAC friendly provider.

NutMeg76 January 31st, 2013 12:22 PM

I have not had a placental abruption. Did they say what cuased it? My guess is that the risk is the same, your biggest risk is being pregnant after abruption period, not how you choose to deliver the baby.

UrbanMomma January 31st, 2013 12:50 PM

My 7th pregnancy ended in an emergency csection due to placental abruption. Their best guess as to cause was he had a short cord.

My 8th baby was a successful homebirth vbac of an 11lb 8 oz baby. I also had vbac's with #9 and #10.

Also if I am seeing that right you are 31 weeks and baby is transverse? You have a LOT of time for baby to turn. I had a baby who was transverse until 40 weeks and 1 day, then he went head down.

Sorry I didn't see this to respond to it sooner, I spend most of my time on the Large Families board.

lexiandolive March 15th, 2013 05:55 PM

My boss had a VBAC after placental abruption. She said that there were no problems. She had a midwife both times but delivered in hospital. There are 2 years in between her kids and this happened 8 years ago. Her first C section scar is the old fashioned naval and down scar.