JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/)
-   -   Have you ever regret VBAC? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/2616827-have-you-ever-regret-vbac.html)

adson January 21st, 2013 07:08 AM

Have you ever regret VBAC?

I think that i am gonna try vbac this time so my question is did u ever regret it that u didn t have repeated c section?

3Sapphires January 21st, 2013 08:30 AM

Re: Have you ever regret VBAC?

the short answer - no.

the long answer, while I did have a moment during my first VBAC when I was pushing, in the end no, I don't regret my VBAC's. I felt like a millon bucks just seconds after delivery, and the pride that comes with is unreal.

lhug_nar January 21st, 2013 01:56 PM

Nope!

I won't lie, I did have thoughts when I was pushing with DS3 for those 3 hours where I doubted myself and my decision but it was so worth it! I NEVER regretted my VBAC at all because I felt like I was on top of the world right after and was so happy to have proven I could do it! The best part was being able to get up and shower and do what I wanted to do as soon as the epidural wore off.

Celry January 21st, 2013 07:27 PM

Not at all. I did a drug free VBAC. I loved the experience. I was able to go home within 24 hours and felt amazing compared to after my csection.

KMH January 23rd, 2013 02:46 PM

Not at all! I had a c-section with my singleton and a VBAC with the twins, and it was an amazing experience. I went drug free until they got the forceps out, and then I got a little something to take the edge off. It was a really wonderful experience.

Recovery wise, I was up and around right away after the birth. I was very sore for a while (thanks to the forceps) but even with tearing and stitches, it was so much easier than with a c-section. I felt fully present the whole time...not in a fog like with the csection. With the csection I felt a weird disconnect...I knew that I gave birth, but I didn't SEE it. Actually seeing the baby coming into the world is something that I am so glad I was able to do. If we have another, it will absolutely be another VBAC.

alwayssmile January 26th, 2013 03:38 PM

Not at all! I even had a 60 hour labor, 2nd degree tear, 3 hours of pushing, and delivered with forceps (did have a natural in the hospital! Would totally do it all again rather than go through another c/s. I was walking around within 2 hours, home after 24 hours, and felt fantastic after 2 weeks. I was even at the beach building sandcastles with my son with my DD was 1 week old. While I won't claim to have loved the labor and delivery process, the recovery made it 100% worth it. Zero regrets.

NutMeg76 January 31st, 2013 11:39 AM

No! I have never regretted my vaginal births. The recovery was so much easier. With my first I had an episotomy and tore pretty badly because of a forceps delivery and even though it took them over an hour to stich me back up that recovery was still easier than recovering from the c-sectiotn.

UrbanMomma January 31st, 2013 01:35 PM

Never!

HeatherLyn429 July 26th, 2013 11:22 AM

Nope never not at all.

kimberley August 12th, 2013 07:22 PM

Never.

pattyandthemoos August 22nd, 2013 09:15 AM

Yes, I did have some regrets with my second vbac. With Lyndsey, I hadn't planned on vbac. She just came early and fast so I had no choice and I felt very good about her birth. With Shawn, he was supposed to be a vbac at a hospital an hour away. I ended up having to drive to a closer hospital, deliver with a doctor I didn't know, and my placenta abrupted with him. That was my second placental abruption. The first is what caused my csection. So it was kind of a traumatic birth experience for me, both the fast labor (I really thought we might deliver him on the road) and my abruption.

If for some reason we decided to have baby number 6 (we're not!) I would want a scheduled csection. I've had 4 vaginal births so I have had the opportunity to experience what a natural birth is like but my last birth was just scary and emotional for me. I'd rather feel safer and have a scheduled csection. I'm not having any more kids so it doesn't really matter.

Memi August 22nd, 2013 10:42 AM

No!!! I wouldn't have done it any other way. Completely different experience in a positive way!

sunqueen August 27th, 2013 05:02 PM

Never...with the c-section I had to stay in the hospital for 3 days and could hardly move for weeks after. With the vbac he was born at 23h30 and I was back home at 14h00 the next day and only a bit sore from some stiches!!

Gray_baby September 4th, 2013 01:48 PM

I'm not sure what there is to regret??? Am I missing something? Call me confused.

My VBAC was an amazing experience! One I hope to repeat with baby #3. I had a 3rd degree tear with my VBAC and while uncomfortable, it wasn't even close to as bad as the c-section recovery.

bean counter September 7th, 2013 07:12 PM

Regret? Not necessarily... but if I had had any suspicion that my second VBAC would be so difficult, I would probably have schedule a c-section. My first VBAC was an awesome, exhilarating experience, but my second was a physical and emotional roller coaster ride.