JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/)
-   -   vbac with twins? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/2628076-vbac-twins.html)

cspard2 February 21st, 2013 04:58 PM

vbac with twins?

curious to know if anyone has delivered twins vaginally after a prior c section for failure to progress?

KMH February 22nd, 2013 07:19 AM

Re: vbac with twins?

My c-section was not for failure to progress...mine was for a footling breech baby and my hospital/doctor at the time did not allow breech vaginal deliveries. I did, though, go one to have a VBAC with my twins, and it was awesome.

What were the circumstances of your "failure to progress?" Were you induced?

cspard2 February 24th, 2013 06:21 PM

yes induced at 41 weeks, had no sign of my body that was ready to get the baby out. i just have had labor pains, they broke my water etc. so dumb and i wish i didn't let them do it.

KMH February 25th, 2013 08:15 AM

I bet twins will be a whole different story! Of course I'd talk with your doctor about it, but I bet you'd be a great candidate for a VBAC. Good luck; I hope you have a much better birth experience this time around!

cspard2 March 2nd, 2013 12:57 PM

thanks we are at a differ. doc. the only high risk one who is known around here to vaginally deliver twins in the first place, he also delivers breech etc. all i know is i don't wanna die because im trying to have a vbac, so i just wanna find statistics on materal outcome of vbac with twins as well as baby outcome, i.e. are they gonna get stressed or stuck and have oxygen cut off? ugh. i hate big decisinos.

cspard2 March 3rd, 2013 01:34 PM

the fact no one else has commented on this makes me feel even more scared, that vbacs with twins just doesn't happen

lhug_nar March 3rd, 2013 07:41 PM

While I haven't had twins, I can tell you that there are docs out there like mine that are pro-VBAC no matter if it's a singleton or a multiple birth. It is do-able even if one or both of the twins are frank breech, you just have to have a doc that's confident in his/her skills.

Get in touch with your local ICAN network, get to know the docs that are pro-VBAC and get your maternity records from the hospital you delivered at so that the docs you interview can see those records. You have to do what you feel is right for both you and the babies ultimately.

HorseGal May 19th, 2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cspard2 (Post 27157013)
the fact no one else has commented on this makes me feel even more scared, that vbacs with twins just doesn't happen

They DO happen, you have to keep in mind how many women here have twins. Numbers are lower.

A girl from my 2011 DDC last month successfully delivered 14.5 pounds of babies (twins) in a VBAC! :D