JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/)
-   -   VBAC after c-section a year ago... HELP!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/2637296-vbac-after-c-section-year-ago-help.html)

PeruvianBaby March 23rd, 2013 08:43 PM

VBAC after c-section a year ago... HELP!!!

Please mommies help! I am so worried about this, really need some advice about having or not a VBAC.
I had my twins last year in MAY c-section @ 34 weeks and thank God everythng went well. I had not any problems and a GREAT recovery while my babies were @ NICU. I am pregnant again and my babies and when this baby is born my twins will be 15 months and I am worried about a long stayed at the hospital and leaving them. My Dr, told me I can try having this baby vaginally if we are planning to have another baby in future. If not, I can repeat a c-section. She told me there is no risk since I had a c-section a year ago.

What do you think and how many of you have had a vaginal birth after a CS in a short period of time?

THANKS!!

KMH March 24th, 2013 09:17 AM

Re: VBAC after c-section a year ago... HELP!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeruvianBaby (Post 27223585)
My Dr, told me I can try having this baby vaginally if we are planning to have another baby in future. If not, I can repeat a c-section. She told me there is no risk since I had a c-section a year ago.

I don't understand what your future pregnancies have to do with how you deliver this baby?!? If she says there is no risk, then you should be able to VBAC this time regardless of whether or not you plan to have more children.

I had 26 months between my c-section and my VBAC, so I'm not much help with the closer spacing.

Kelz88 April 8th, 2013 10:47 AM

I wish I seen this earlier but I figure better late then never.

I was almost in the same situation as you had my twins via c-section @ 36 weeks and got pregnant with my daughter when the twins were a few months old and had her vaginally when the twins were 16 months old. My latest baby was a repeat sections though.

Everything worked out fine for me in the end and it should work out fine in the end for you. Best of luck

KatieHeitman April 9th, 2013 08:04 AM

My oldest was a CSection. Second was a VBAC. So they are 16 months apart. My third was also a VBAC. The VBAC's are just over 2 years apart. I am so glad I fought for my first VBAC. Definitely worth it to me.

Voodoo Lady April 16th, 2013 07:19 AM

I moved to Denmark 2 years ago, where the c-section rate is lower, and I asked my doctor if I could have a VBAC. He laughed and said, "that is the standard practice - we only do a c-section if you ask for one." In Denmark it is standard practice to do VBAC, because since surgeons do the transverse cut now, instead of the vertical cut from many years ago, vbac mothers are considered to be the same low risk as mothers who have not had a c-section.

the risks that people talk about concern the older version of the surgery - they don't apply to us who have had babies in the past few years.