JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/)
-   -   Was it hard for you to find a vbac-friendly doc/midwife? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f501-vbac-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean/2690834-hard-for-you-to-find-vbac-friendly-doc-midwife.html)

pattyandthemoos November 7th, 2013 07:50 AM

Was it hard for you to find a vbac-friendly doc/midwife?

It was hard for me. I called several practices before I finally found a doc that would work with me. At the time, I hadn't really considered a midwife because my pregnancies have been high risk. I think if I had looked for a midwife it might have been easier, but I'm not sure a midwife would have worked with me. Everything worked out, but my doc didn't even deliver Shawn. If I were to get pregnant again, I've already told dh I want to see a midwife and possibly have a home birth.

melaniek85 November 7th, 2013 05:01 PM

Re: Was it hard for you to find a vbac-friendly doc/midwife?

Finding an ob to allow me to attempt a vbac with less than 18 months between births has been very hard. I'm going to be going with a midwife, I found one in the area that will accept me, the others require 24 months between births.

Decemberhill November 8th, 2013 04:59 AM

Both my OB and Midwife are very encouraging and adamant that they believe a VBAC will be extremely successful for me since I have had a successful vaginal delivery and my c-section was a result of Placenta Previa and not because I couldn't deliver naturally on my own.

SkyBaby November 8th, 2013 09:59 AM

I've been scouring the internet for months now for someone in my area. Still no luck. The options are limited out here. The names I have found don't exactly have the best reviews. Granted, I haven't met any of these people for myself, yet, but going off reviews on the internet isn't looking promising. A lot of these people don't even have any reviews.

*CAMM* November 10th, 2013 12:29 PM

My home town doctor couldnt do a vbac for me (hospital ban) I found a VBAC doctor and a VBAC friendly hospital at 12 weeks =). I've been told by my old doctor and my new doctor that I'm a great candidate because I delivered my first child vaginally and my second was a section due to frank breech presentation.

Kelllilee January 13th, 2014 08:50 PM

My midwife told me immediately after my CS that she would support me in a VBAC if we have another. So it shouldn't be a problem.

childtocherish January 17th, 2014 04:11 AM

You are really very brave to think about VBAC but its really difficult .Just make sure that it is not going to affect your child get your ultrasound done properly so that you have enough space.

sarha81 January 17th, 2014 10:42 AM

I see the OB's office midwife and she completely supports me attempting VBAC/thinks I'm a good candidate.

One of the OBs there does not think I am a good candidate because my first born was posterior and I ended up with a csection, but is letting me decide.

I think many places say they are VBAC friendly but push against it when the times gets closer. I hear reasons each appointment why an elective c is better, some as dump as I can recover in a room in L&D instead of ICU if it's an emergency C. Not really a good reason, if you ask me.