JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Vegetarian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f76-vegetarian-mommies/)
-   -   hard for LO to be vegetarian when they wont eat veggies.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f76-vegetarian-mommies/2648306-hard-for-lo-to-vegetarian-when-they-wont-eat-veggies.html)

miamor May 5th, 2013 10:45 AM

hard for LO to be vegetarian when they wont eat veggies..

for the last month or so, we're struggling here.
his vegetable consumption has decreased a lot....it doens't help he's refusing about 75% of the food i'm offering. i have no idea where to go from here. he'll eat a wide variety of fruits..he's super into high protein, grain pastas...still loves tofu. the other night he ate asparagus and mushrooms in a pesto pasta, but he's not eating vegetables in other dishes or alone.
any suggestions?

mgm78 May 6th, 2013 05:05 AM

Re: hard for LO to be vegetarian when they wont eat veggies..

i think as long as he is eating everything else you mentioned he should be ok, just keep offering. what about spinach in his smoothies?

miamor May 6th, 2013 06:44 AM

he seems to love pancakes (especially chocolate ones)..doesn't like anything on them tho which is probably better...yesterday i made chocolate pancakes with coconut sugar and coconut milk. they were alright, but he seemed to like them a lot.
anyway, i tried to make some spinach and sweet potato pancakes yesterday afternoon but the recipes was horrid. ( i hate wasting ingredients!! )i'm going to see if i can make some beet ones this week. i bought two gorgeous beets.
i'll try the spinach smoothies thing...he use to enjoy his dad's smoothies and they were are full of spinach. (he hasn't made them in a while)
i'm going to have be on the hunt for recipes with one or two hidden vegetables for now.

mgm78 May 6th, 2013 12:57 PM

DD has always loved the Fat Free Vegan tofu beet burgers, yum.

miamor May 7th, 2013 05:57 PM

i pinned burgers from that site so we'll see if i can make them this week.
this morning he ate a bunch of whole grain cereal, two vegetarian links, some banana and watermelon. didn't want lunch, for dinner all he wanted was brown rice and half of an avocado and 5 strawberries. he didn't touch the italian style veggies i made tho. i guess it's better than nothing, but man i wish he'd touch the veggies!!

mgm78 May 8th, 2013 04:36 AM

Sounds like he is eating just fine, imo. I think we may do the beet burgers tonight!