JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Venting Room (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f47-venting-room/)
-   -   Got a temper thing that's ready to blow arrrgggg (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f47-venting-room/172981-got-temper-thing-s-ready-to-blow-arrrgggg.html)

pinkpercolator March 23rd, 2006 07:01 AM

My temper is ready to fly at work. Ok most mornings I'm alone in the kitchen working. I don't know to many staff from the other depts. Well it seems when outside calls come in for staff in other depts. If the desk person does not know them. They automatically trasferr the call to the kitchen. Why do they always assume us food service people know everyone and where they are at all times. I don't know them. Tuesday some call comes in. Is Katrina there. I sa id I don't know a ny Katrina. You need to call the front desk number back. Tell them they need to be transferred to the assisted living building. As there is a Trina that is a CNA up there. But no Katrina that I know of. Well that call comes back again to the kitchen. I was now angery, Sort of rudely said I didn't know the person or where they are. This happens all the time. Or tjhe front desk will assume food service is never busy working. They'll call to have one of us let in a driver for a delivery that's not food related. One week they call saying can run down to the garage and let in a delivery. Someone ordered a tv. I said no. They tell me well maintenance is busy. I said rudely. Well so is the food service. I am alone with lots of work going on now. I never went down to let them in. If it's a food delivery. Then that's different it's my job to deal with it. But not for other depts I won't. Tuesday I was ready to rip the phone out of the wall. I told my supervisor this. She agreed with me also. Why is it they assume food service can handle everything. Or they know everything.

in_mommy March 23rd, 2006 07:44 AM

Hopefully the supervisor will be taking that up to the supervisor of the front desk area and get that straightened out asap.

pinkpercolator March 23rd, 2006 10:52 AM

That's the thing. I was told there is a book up front with all employee names and what dept. they work. So the desk person can just look them up. Say Oh they are a housekeeper or a CNA. Then transferr the call the that dept. But they don't bother looking up the names. Each dept. has their own direct dial number. Those staff should be giving the direct dial number to their dept. to all who would have to call them at work. Kids schools etc. My supervisor said she'd bring that up at the next managers meeting.

Lisadear March 23rd, 2006 11:48 AM

I'm glad your supervisor's bringing it up at the next meeting THOUGH it would be much better if she could tackle it immediately because between now and then, the phone calls will keep being transferred ... grrrr :angry2:

Ask your supervisor if its possible for the operator not just to transfer the call to the kitchen but if she could please check first if the persons are there or not before just putting the calls through on you as you are busy 99% of the time that these calls come through and it is not only annoying but inconvenient as well.

xxx Lisa xxx