JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Venting Room (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f47-venting-room/)
-   -   I'm strong but I'm not that **** strong (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f47-venting-room/1990723-im-strong-but-im-not-strong.html)

mrsrrjgandmx May 26th, 2010 12:23 PM

I'm strong but I'm not that **** strong

Today I've been busy getting the house prepared for us getting a new sectional and bedroom furniture tomorrow. DH came from work with a friend and picked up the old stuff however all of the bedroom furniture that is currently in use in our room is going to the kids' room and it is up to me to clean everything out and vacuum. This is typically no big deal however he knows and has known for over a few weeks now that I have a hard time moving due to my back/knees. They've always caused me problems but it's been to the point now to where OTC meds do not relieve any pain and nothing gives me true relief. I'm strong enough to move most of the things on my own but I know I should not be moving furniture with how I'm feeling. GRRR@DH. In front of his friend from work he said "'now here's the next thing you're going to do if you choose to take on, which you will, because I said so, and you're getting new furniture.....'" #1 I did not ask for furniture the stuff we have is not that old, 5 years and is perfectly fine! #2 You know I am not beneath you do not speak to me as though I am your child and #3 I am not in the best health mentally or physically and you know this yet you keep pushing it. *Side note I'm on a verge of going into a deep depression which I've been really trying to keep myself out of and him speaking to me this way is driving a wedge deeper between us and making it almost impossible to keep myself afloat* :pullhair:

ShesaDreamer May 26th, 2010 02:57 PM

Re: I'm strong but I'm not that **** strong

:dothug: I'm sorry that your feeling like this. MY DH will talk to me like that sometimes and he thinks it makes him look like more of a man...little does he know it makes him look like an ***. I hope he straightens up soon.

in_mommy May 26th, 2010 06:32 PM

(((HUGS))) If it were me and he talked that way, I would have turned around and walked off the other way. He would have been doing it all on his own. I think you need to have a serious heart to heart with him and let him know how it makes you feel when he speaks to you that way.

mrsrrjgandmx May 26th, 2010 08:03 PM

I have numerous times and it has done no good. I'm doing better this evening with managing things but I am overly exhausted and still have at least another hour before I can sleep and I still have another piece of furniture to move.

Kalia20 June 16th, 2010 04:19 PM

I can't believe any man would expect a woman, especially one in chornic pain, to move furniture. That ticks me off reading that. Mine won't even let me carry the grocery bags.