JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Venting Room (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f47-venting-room/)
-   -   I need some input please (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f47-venting-room/2676444-i-need-some-input-please.html)

zombieunicorn24 September 3rd, 2013 02:04 PM

I need some input please

I've been with my bf for 5 years and we have a son that will be 3 later this month. We are both in our mid twenties, and our son was not planned, but we both adore him so much. Anyhow, rewind a few years back to when our relationship was simple :) I loved my bf so much, I couldn't wait to see him and I'd get butterflies and feel minty purple inside, however time has passed and since having our son, I've been less intetested in my bf. I dont really miss him while he's at work, I don't care about his interests, he isn't very attractive to me anymore, and stuff of that sort.

I've noticed this for about 2 1/2 years now, but it wasn't until around last year that it progressively got worse.

We got into a really bad argument, so bad where he was in my yelling at the top of his lungs cornering me into a wall right in front of my son while he was in the bath screaming and crying in fear. I flipped out and threatened my bf, so he used physocal force and to make a long story short. ..he hurt me phsyically. He's done so before, but not like this particular incident; this took the cake.

I was close to leaving but chose to give him a second chance if he were to change and he has.

Now, so my problen is that ever since then...my feelings for him are just not the same. I've forgiven him, but I feel emotionally scarred. Possibly even ptsd because when we have any arguments where he raises his voice, I automatically think he's going to hurt me.beside him ever being physical with me, he tends to throw things, break things, punch walls, scream so loud and scary.

I love him so much, but I know I dont love him the way I should.

Our lives are getting back on track after being in a slump, and our next step is house shopping because we've been renting with his mother. I'm just not so sure its what I want after all...but my son loves him so much and I'd feel lost if I left him and live alone with my son. Please, anybody have any advice? ??

katylady September 15th, 2013 02:24 PM

Re: I need some input please

If your still scared of him maybe talking to him about how your feeling. You go to counseling and if the counselor asks that he comes for a meeting or two to talk about the situation.

I hope you have an awesome support with family and friends.

Alchemist October 3rd, 2013 02:53 AM

Do you think its healthy to expose your son to that? Would you like him to learn the behaivuor and repeat it in his adult life? Looks like you guys need councelling for your childs sake sort it out........

MommytoZoeAlyssa October 3rd, 2013 07:11 AM

I agree if you are not happy and you guys are arguing alot its not healthy for any of you esp your child. I would def say talk to your bf about how you feel maybe some time apart would be good for you guys.