JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   Gender? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2610174-gender.html)

Orangebrittainy January 1st, 2013 07:53 AM

Gender?

I know each of us will be grateful for a healthy baby regardless of the gender, but do you ever find yourself leaning more toward one or the other???

In your mind what are the pros/cons to each gender??

stresswife January 1st, 2013 09:45 AM

Re: Gender?

I go back and forth, Another girl would be great, a sister to play dress up with and be best friends would be awesome for Audrey, not to mention, sharing toys and clothes..
BUT a boy would be wonderful too, DH loves sports and having one of each(two of each for DH) would be sweet.

Orangebrittainy January 1st, 2013 10:07 AM

I would love a girl, and I think DH wants a girl, but most of the little girls I know are so very high maintenance!! Because of that I want another boy. Will wants a boy too. For me boys are simple, rough and tough, physically exhausting, but I can handle physical stuff better than the mental stuff.

Jessimaaka January 1st, 2013 01:05 PM

We have a boy already, but we would welcome either since I think we're really leaning towards 3. I almost want a girl first so that it doesn't seem like we had 3 just to try and get a girl, but I want a boy since I know so far what I'm doing with a boy :lol: I was predicted to give Cam a sister in the next few years though so don't know if that will be #2 or #3 :)

sugarloafbaby January 1st, 2013 04:03 PM

I would love a boy and I think it would work nicely with the spacing being a little longer between the girls. But I definitely would love another girl too!

sweety_pie January 1st, 2013 05:45 PM

I already have a boy and girl, so either would be fine. But I sometimes find myself leaning towards another girl. My little girl would be closer in age with her then if I had a boy now, my son would be almost 11.

RandaBear75 January 1st, 2013 08:21 PM

I want a boy. We already have all of the clothes and toys, and I just see myself as more of a boy mom.

Ame C January 1st, 2013 08:58 PM

I would be happy either way but am hoping for another boy. I wouldn't mind if I ended up with all boys, I just think they are such sweethearts.

jojo2bee January 1st, 2013 11:36 PM

I really want a girl for the next baby snce I had a boy first. If we end up with another boy thats fine but I would really like a girl though lol

Urchin January 2nd, 2013 09:13 AM

I really don't have a preferance.

I have a girl now, which I never thought I'd get (she's the first girl born in DH's family in 78 years). I cherish her to pieces :)

I used to want a boy for DH's sake, but he's 100% happy with his little girl, and has said he doesn't care if we have a boy next time or not. He'd love another girl too!

I'm just glad we're both on the same page...next time we'll both be happy no matter what we get, just like the first time. No gender disappointment here!

BelloFiglioLA January 2nd, 2013 09:50 AM

I already have all boy stuff and thought I wanted another boy.. but yesterday my DH was reading to my 1yo niece and my Dad said "Looks like Dan is ready for a little girl" It was so cute! I may be leaning towards girl but I don't really care either way.

Mama.Angie January 2nd, 2013 11:06 AM

We'd love a boy. That being said, I see myself having all girls, and it'd be crazy easy adding one more girl into the mix.

Black_Rose1990 January 3rd, 2013 04:48 AM

Hm DF wants A girl but I would be happy with either :)

MrsHoot January 3rd, 2013 06:18 PM

I would be good with either...bu I'm so excited to have a little girl. :) we'll go for 4 if we have 3 boys...

peaches84 January 3rd, 2013 06:23 PM

I've always prefered girls, I would definately prefer another girl. DH won't admit it but I think he really wants a boy. I just love playing dress up and going shopping and doing lots of girly things.

AlexasMommy January 7th, 2013 08:58 AM

I have a girl and would really like a boy the next go round since it will be our last child. DH's family could also use a boy or the family name ends with him.

irishblessing January 9th, 2013 02:43 PM

I would be happy with either but I would really like another boy if I could pick. DD wants a sister but there would be a large age gap there now. Especially because we have a small house the kids of the same gender would probably be sharing a room at some point. I'm better at thinking up boys names and better at doing boys hair. I would really be okay with either though!! We have the stuff for both and they have both been a lot of fun so far!

mom2pne January 9th, 2013 06:09 PM

If I have a boy I am all set! I have tons of toys and clothes and hand-me-downs are the best for little boys as they get dirty and wear their clothes out so much faster than I did as a girl. Even though I grew- up with brothers.

But I would so love a girl after having 5 boys already! I need pink and dolls in my house. lol