JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   Obsessing over when you DONT want to TTC? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2622965-obsessing-over-when-you-dont-want-to-ttc.html)

Urchin February 7th, 2013 05:51 AM

Obsessing over when you DONT want to TTC?

I know I am being silly, because in reality I'd take a baby whenever God decides to bless me with another, but I seriously obsess over the months that I DONT want to get pregnant.

I keep re-calculating when we should start TTC because there are certain months I don't want to have a baby.. lol

Right now, I have out tentative TTC date starting around the end of June, beginning July.
Given that schedule I'd be due in the following months:

Pregnant in June - Due in March
P in July - D in April
August - May
September - June
October - July
November - August
December - September

BUT I am trying to avoid getting pregnant in January, February, March or April because I really don't want DD to have to share her birthday month (October) and I don't want a winter/xmas baby.

SO foolish I know...but honestly, if I didn't have those "preferences," we would have ended up TTC by now, because DH has the baby fever. lol

Anyone else obsess over weird things like this when they consider TTC?

stresswife February 7th, 2013 07:03 AM

Re: Obsessing over when you DONT want to TTC?

I do that too.. I can NOT have a summer baby..so May-July is out, that's when my step kids visit and it would just be chaos, not to mention that's their time with DH I don't wanna take that away from them with a new baby. I don't want another Feb Baby, I want separate birthdays.
Ideally I'd have a baby in Sept-November. or March or April.

Urchin February 7th, 2013 07:09 AM

SO glad I am not the only one who does this. Hehe.

Ideally I'd love to have an April baby. DH and Audrina are October birthdays, and I am an april birthday..so I would love to add another April baby to the mix!

CJRPete February 7th, 2013 07:09 AM

Yes.
I am obsessed with avoiding a third trimester in summer. My R was born August 22 and July, June and Aug were miserable.I refuse to be due in June, July, August, September or even October. NEVER AGAIN. I also don't want an April baby if possible since my entire immediate family is April (by design of my parents using NFP).

helios February 7th, 2013 08:32 AM

Haha, I totally obsess over which month to start TTC based on due dates. I definitely don't want another mid-winter baby so TTC in spring is out. Also, we are hoping to take a family trip to Europe this summer, and I definitely do not want to be pregnant when we go. I was pregnant last time I went to Europe, and it was so hot and sunny and everyone was drinking beer and I couldn't! No fun!

I'm trying to decide whether an early summer or fall baby would be best. I think a June baby would be really nice, especially since nobody in our entire extended family has a June bday. That means we have to conceive in September, which is ok, but TTCing in the winter might line up a bit better with some other things we have going on in our lives, so I don't know. Bah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJRPete (Post 27065098)
Yes.
I am obsessed with avoiding a third trimester in summer. My R was born August 22 and July, June and Aug were miserable.I refuse to be due in June, July, August, September or even October. NEVER AGAIN. I also don't want an April baby if possible since my entire immediate family is April (by design of my parents using NFP).

I've been thinking about this too. I was SO HOT all the time during my last pregnancy, that the thought of being in the third trimester in the summer is a real turn off. I might not be able to avoid it this time though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urchin (Post 27065097)
SO glad I am not the only one who does this. Hehe.

Ideally I'd love to have an April baby. DH and Audrina are October birthdays, and I am an april birthday..so I would love to add another April baby to the mix!

I think the spring time would in general be the best time of year to have a newborn. Not too hot, but not too cold!

helios February 7th, 2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stresswife (Post 27065073)
I do that too.. I can NOT have a summer baby..so May-July is out, that's when my step kids visit and it would just be chaos, not to mention that's their time with DH I don't wanna take that away from them with a new baby. I don't want another Feb Baby, I want separate birthdays.
Ideally I'd have a baby in Sept-November. or March or April.

I think it is awesome that you are being so sensitive to the needs of your stepkids! :)

stresswife February 7th, 2013 11:50 AM

we only see them for two months a year, so if DH and I were trying to adjust to having a new born plus Audrey adjusting to a new baby... I feel like they would feel left out or pushed aside and I don't want that. We try to go do lots of outings and activities with them, If I was 8 or 9 months pregnant or JUST had a baby I just wouldn't wanna deal with all that .

sara121773 February 7th, 2013 01:21 PM

i do not want to have another summer baby. jill was born july 3rd and i would not want to do that again. i think it would be nice to have a spring baby like april or may. when we decide to TTC again i wont avoid months where i could have a summer baby but i would prefer to not have a baby july august or september, even october cause i would be very pregnant in the summer.

GiddyUp Mama February 7th, 2013 02:18 PM

Yep. I more focus on my favorite months. DD was due at the end of Nov and I didn't want a Nov baby, I like Dec's birthstone better, so I said from the beginning that she was gonna be late and she was nice enough to wait a week :) So this time I'm thinking about which months I do and don't like. I know it's silly, but it's nice to know I'm not alone!

jojo2bee February 7th, 2013 03:07 PM

oh yay! I do not want another sept baby, DH ad DS are both in sept. I dont want a nov, jan, feb baby eiter but I do ant a dec baby. My bday is december and I would love to sare the month with a baby like DH does with DS. I also would like a summer baby to. I feel so picky about ha ha!

AnnaBonana February 7th, 2013 05:41 PM

Me!! LOL.

DH is a farmer so there are certain months we really can't have a baby. I'll be the first to say that I do not look forward to having an infant in December/ January / February because our winters here are long and *cold*... But if our baby is ever going to see its father it has to be those months.

I may change my mind with subsequent children but especially with our first we would like it to be in the off farming season. Although, with our tentative schedule, it will have me highly pregnant for all the fall tractor work to be done and I'm not sure how well a pregnant lady will do bobbling around in heavy equipment all day!

Jessimaaka February 7th, 2013 06:53 PM

Never ever Want another Aug baby...it was brutal! We're hoping for a late April to June baby next :) Small window but we'll see :)

Urchin February 8th, 2013 04:53 AM

I always hear from women that they hate being big and prego in the summer. I was due on October, so I was pretty far along during our summer months, but I didn't really mind it. I desperately wanted to go to the beach in my bikini to show off my baby belly, but due to my complications, I ended up on the sofa most of the summer. lol

Jessimaaka February 8th, 2013 06:39 AM

Not everyone swells, but I was not a pretty preggo in the summer :lol:

Here are my feet in May 2012 when they started swelling:
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...psdb298344.jpg

And this was July 25, 2012, about 2.5 weeks before I gave birth:
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ccd7df3.jpg

helios February 8th, 2013 08:22 AM

That does not look fun!!! My sister was like that during the summer with her second who was due in September. She couldn`t even wear shoes. I was pretty lucky and didn't swell at all, although my little guy was born in January.

Urchin February 8th, 2013 08:59 AM

Oh my goodness! Poor you!
I was very lucky, I didn't swell during the summer. The sweating was gross, but manageable.

PaxtonsMom February 8th, 2013 09:39 AM

LOL oh I feel this is absolutely something to consider!! We moved to Charleston - I do NOT want to be pregnant anytime after April/May!!!

Jessimaaka February 8th, 2013 03:37 PM

Yeah, I was not a fan!!!

irishblessing February 8th, 2013 09:55 PM

I would rather avoid the winter months. We have a wood burning fireplace and it's really hard to keep the temperature up sometimes without constantly going out to the woodpile and bringing wood in, putting it on the fire every hour and so on. At night the temperature goes way down in the house and although we have heaters it is still cold. Just don't feel like dealing with that and a newborn

MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K* February 9th, 2013 11:15 AM

Not before (conceive) May 2013...
Don't mind conceiving May 2013 making a Feb 2014 baby
(But we shall see if we'd even want to conceive that early our official discussion will only take place then :) )
June for a March kid.. Nahhhh
July for April yeah I don't mind April :)
August for another May baby yes but wouldn't wanna try for it since I haw a May baby
September for a June sure
October for a July baby.. Maybe
November for an August yep I think I'd try hard that month lol
December for a September baby.. Yep I'd try for that too :)
Don't want an October baby, November (maybe), December no since I have DD, DH and the crazy holidays that month.. And I really don't like a January baby
Lol so ur not crazy I think many of us think about these kind of things :)