JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   We set a TTC date--sort of. And IUD question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2623240-we-set-ttc-date-sort-and-iud-question.html)

GiddyUp Mama February 7th, 2013 06:22 PM

We set a TTC date--sort of. And IUD question

We were thinking June, but DH's sister just found out she is expecting (her first :)) so now we're looking at April so maybe we can have cousins close together. I have the paragard IUD (hormone free) and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I'm wondering if there is any kind of lingering affects of the copper on sperm or implantation? Should I plan to have it removed a cycle before we want to ttc? Or is it basically take it out and we're good to go?

Jessimaaka February 7th, 2013 06:53 PM

Re: We set a TTC date--sort of. And IUD question

No experience but good luck!!!

stresswife February 7th, 2013 08:20 PM

I had mine taken out and the doc said I was fertile the moment it was removed. no linger affects for me except my cycle got shorter.

Urchin February 8th, 2013 04:58 AM

Ooo yay for moving up your TTC date!

I have had the copper IUD twice now. I had it removed a few months before I got pregnant with my DD. I know a lot of people say different things, but personally, I would wait a cycle before actively TTC. For me, I just feel better getting the extra residue out of there before trying for a baby. You're fertile as soon as it comes out, but I've read that there's a slightly higher risk of miscarriage if you get pregnant the first cycle after it's removed. Not sure how accurate that is, but, just throwing out what info I've come across.

I plan on getting my IUD removed a month before we start TTC too!

GiddyUp Mama February 8th, 2013 07:04 AM

Thanks ladies :) And I think I'm going to do what you suggested, Urchin. I was wondering if miscarriage risks were a little higher that first cycle, and think I'll feel better letting everything clear out for a cycle.

girlsofsummer February 8th, 2013 01:09 PM

GiddyUp Mama please KUP! I'll be getting my IUD out in May and TTC starting in June. I also have an IUD in, but mine is Mirena. It'll be 2 years for that next month.

GiddyUp Mama February 8th, 2013 05:57 PM

Definitely keep everyone posted, this is pretty much the only place I have to express my excitement and anticipation :)

jojo2bee February 9th, 2013 12:39 PM

I agree wait a cycle. And yay for moving your ttc date sooner! Good luck and KUP!

GiddyUp Mama February 12th, 2013 06:44 PM

Had my annual today and the Dr actually went ahead and removed the paragard when I asked about it. DH actually suggested it (rather than having to have a second appt). He said he recommended waiting a month before ttc so that any inflammation could go away. So next month I guess we'll be NTNP :)

Urchin February 13th, 2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiddyUp Mama (Post 27087123)
Had my annual today and the Dr actually went ahead and removed the paragard when I asked about it. DH actually suggested it (rather than having to have a second appt). He said he recommended waiting a month before ttc so that any inflammation could go away. So next month I guess we'll be NTNP :)

Oh wow! You must be very excited!

I got my first IUD out early, about 7-8 months before we *planned* on TTC, and I got pregnant about 3 months later.. lol Didn't really make it to our TTC date!

Good luck with NTNP :P

helios February 13th, 2013 08:25 AM

Very exciting! Enjoy your next month of NTNP :D

girlsofsummer February 13th, 2013 11:55 AM

Yay!! Good to know. And you also answered another question I had, which was if you could have your annual check-up and get your IUD taken out all at once.

Did you and your doc talk pre-conception stuff, too?

MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy February 16th, 2013 11:51 AM

Good luck!