JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   Back on BCP (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2637626-back-bcp.html)

helios March 25th, 2013 09:08 AM

Back on BCP

I know we have had a birth control thread before, but there are a lot of new people around, so I thought I would ask: what are you doing for birth control?

I finally decided to fill my micronor prescription, so I am officially back on the pill. As much as I want a baby right now, we do need to wait a while and I don't want to worry about a slip up. I'll probably take it through the summer and then stop a month before we start TTCing.

stresswife March 25th, 2013 09:17 AM

Re: Back on BCP

I had the Copper IUD for a year and half, it was taken out in October/november and I won't ever get an IUD again, AF was super long and heavy with it, and I would go 40 days between each one and never knew when it was coming.. right now it's just pull n pray..

sugarloafbaby March 25th, 2013 02:39 PM

We do NFP (natural family planning), have been for the past year. I used to take BCP but it was really horrid with the side effects and then I started having personal moral objections to it so no more hormones for me!

AnnaBonana March 25th, 2013 03:47 PM

We are using pull n pray during times when my iPhone says I'm fertile... And the rest of the time nothing! Our TTC date is April though, so if we have a slip up this month, not a big deal.

Jessimaaka March 25th, 2013 05:44 PM

Condoms here. Our TTC date is late summer, and I don't want to go on BC for a short period of time. I also don't have AF back yet as DS is still BF and just recently started taking solids, so I have NO idea when or even IF I'm ovulating :lol:

melaniek85 March 25th, 2013 06:48 PM

We are using condoms most of the time and occasionally pull out. I can'r take hormonal birth control, it makes me crazy.

Urchin March 26th, 2013 08:49 AM

Copper IUD for me. I really like it. It's the second time I've had it. After about 2 years my period will start to get heavy from it...but hopefully in another year or so we'll be ready to TTC anyways :D

sara121773 March 26th, 2013 06:47 PM

Right now I'm on the pill. It is my third month. I was on the shot but didn't like the way I felt on it. I asked my Dr to put me on a low hormone pill and so far no complaints.

MommyBeth March 31st, 2013 08:23 PM

We are using withsrawal . I can no longer do hormonal BC. Makes me a total ...... Dh and are not ready to TTC but we wouldn't mind a slip up.

jojo2bee April 1st, 2013 04:44 PM

Just condoms right now. I didn't want to go back on any hormonal kind and I'm way to scared for aniud and with breastfeeding still it llimited my options lol but its an easy one to stop when the time comes to start ttc again!

Leanne78 April 2nd, 2013 01:03 PM

I can't do hormonal birth control and DH is all anti-condom now so we have honestly been pretty much not DTD since having Cambria. We had one slip up early on that gave me a scare. As soon as my cycles come back, we'll start doing pull and pray around my non-fertile times and avoiding during fertile time periods. Unless DH finally decides condom is better than nothing!

MadMay April 7th, 2013 08:07 PM

I was on the bc patch for a month and half but took if as whenever I put the patch on at the begingin of the week it makes me vomit all day long until the next take and it itches so bad! I dont know if Im super sensitive to the horomones or just allergic but its awful so I think I will just use dollar store opk to determine when I will ovulate. I absolutely cannot get pregnant until June or I will be extremely high risk and could even loose my uterus entirely.

THE angry uterus April 8th, 2013 06:53 AM

We use NFP here too.

Social Halfwit April 8th, 2013 09:27 PM

I have a Mirena IUD and am getting it removed this next month. After that I really want to do natural family planning if I can get DF on board.

MamaKeene April 9th, 2013 03:51 AM

I have the mirena iud in, plan on getting it out in September. Then we will be ttc.