JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   Busted out (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2667021-busted-out.html)

THE angry uterus July 21st, 2013 03:11 PM

Busted out

:headwall: Why can't people keep their mouth shut or at least be a little more discrete about things?! I was at a birthday party and my cousin asked in front of EVERYONE if we were going to have any more kids. I can't lie to save my life, so of course I was busted out. My mom didn't say anything, but I know she's not happy. The party had my brother's two kids, his step kids, my sister's three kids, my two boys, my cousin and her baby, and a few other younger kids of a my brother's friend. All my mom kept saying was "We need to leave. There are too many grandkids here. We need to leave!" They were mostly OUTSIDE in the pool!! She's in her early 60s too. A little young to be getting old!!

So, I guess since my cousin busted us out in front of everyone yesterday, and my SIL busted us out, we might as well just tell people and get it out in the open!! :mad: I don't know why the status of MY uterus has to be a topic of concern for anyone but my husband and I!!

HippieLove July 21st, 2013 03:27 PM

Re: Busted out

Wow, well unless you're expecting her to raise her grandkids then too freaking bad how many grandkids she has! I can't wait to be blessed with as many grandkids as my kids can. My Mum wasn't too happy when I was busted at my daughters 1st Birthday with not being done, but she thought we were TTC NOW. Which is crazy. It's nobodys business what you do with your uterus, except you and your partner.

Urchin July 21st, 2013 05:21 PM

Boo to your mom! How can someone be that way :(

And boo to nosey people! I totally know what you mean about not being able to lie. I CANNOT lie...even if it's a white lie. I hate it when people ask me when we're TTC another...it's so hard to try to tiptoe around lol

THE angry uterus July 22nd, 2013 03:22 AM

Well, maybe it will be bette this way, so it wont be a total shock. I DID tell everyone that baby George was going to be the LAST. I said it all through my pregnancy, before the pregnancy, after the pregnancy... lol Then I changed my mind. lol I want ONE LAST CHANCE at TTC a girl. If it doesn't work, I'm at peace with that. :) Anyway, this way my mom will have an idea to NOT get rid of the swing and the jumperoo she has.

meld10 July 22nd, 2013 05:24 AM

Yeah it is your life, you are the one to decide what you want. Other peoples opinion are just that: their own opinion. Hey if they want to waste their mental energy being upset about someone else having kids, well so be it! But do not let it upset you as you will be wasting your energy and creating negative emotions simply because of what others think, totally not worth it!

steampunk July 23rd, 2013 06:49 PM

People need to butt out of the business of others IMHO. If you are supporting your kids, then too bad for her.

humnck July 24th, 2013 09:20 AM

I can't even imagine my mother saying something like that. She is so excited that my sister is having her 3rd, she knows we are planning on having another. She loves being a grandmother, you get to give them back at night and spoil them rotten! LOL!

I would have said, as a matter of fact, I am pregnant right now! SHOCK factor...I hate when people don't mind their own business!

THE angry uterus July 24th, 2013 12:40 PM

Lol ^^

MommyBeth July 24th, 2013 08:26 PM

I really think people need to learn to mind their on business. Some of my family tries to tell me how to make decisions for my "family".

Britt3 July 25th, 2013 09:19 AM

I'm sorry you had to deal with that... especially the response from your mother! My mom is the same way though, so I know how that goes. I never care if people ask me when or if I'll have more.. I just answer, "Are you crazy?" and I don't share unless I want to. :)