JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   New Here - When are you going to TTC?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2668952-new-here-when-you-going-to-ttc.html)

Terra_Mater July 30th, 2013 10:52 AM

New Here - When are you going to TTC??

Hi everyone I am back on this board and happy to be here :) Curious who all is here and when you guys are WTTC? Also, are you TTC on a certain month or do you have options?

I am getting married next September (2014) and so DF and I will be trying then. We don't want to have kids around the holidays so we will try until January and then skip Feb-Apr. Hopefully we get lucky before then!

meld10 July 30th, 2013 11:40 AM

Re: New Here - When are you going to TTC??

Hello!!! Congrats on getting married next year, hoping the planning goes smoothly. Your TTC calendar to avoid Holidays sounds like a good plan, hoping you do get lucky before having to skip the TTC for a few months.

We are going to starts TTC in 3 months (November) but depending on how my cycles look after I get my IUD taken out (in 20 days!) we might be NTNP in October.

I can't wait :). This will be our first. How about you?

BriarRose July 30th, 2013 11:51 AM

Welcome! We are starting Jan 2014.

Britt3 July 30th, 2013 11:52 AM

Welcome! Congrats on next years wedding! We will be TTC in October this year, and depending how my cycles fall, it could be as early as mid September. (Can you tell I'm practically counting the days?) this will be my second child, and BF's first!

ashj_1218 July 30th, 2013 01:25 PM

We are prolly TTC in Fall 2014. I have briefly entertained trying for a December baby the March-April before that. DH and his dad and me and my mom are all December and I think it would be cool to have three generations of December babies :) But I don't know that we will really follow thru with that. I don't know I want 3 & 4 so close again.

THE angry uterus July 30th, 2013 02:20 PM

We will be ttc in jan/feb 2014. :)

irishblessing July 30th, 2013 03:42 PM

The plan is to start TTC in June 2014

HippieLove July 30th, 2013 04:28 PM

Welcome, we are WTTC until 2016. I will skip months that might land us with a May or June DD because I already have 3 kids born from the end of May until the end of June and it's exhausting :lol:

THE angry uterus July 30th, 2013 10:27 PM

I think we will skip months that will get us pg in the holidays too. Ds1 was born a few weeks after Christmas and it kinda sucks. If we were due at the end of jan that would be okay or the start of dec... Just not tooooo close...

Urchin July 31st, 2013 06:15 AM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! You must be so excited! I want to hear all about your planning along the way!

We are going to re-evaluate our TTC date in about a year. Not sure if I will be ready by that point or not. We'd also like to avoid TTC during times that would result in a holiday baby as well.. lol

quigleysmom August 2nd, 2013 08:46 AM

We are going to start TTC July of next year. I made an appointment with my gyn to have my IUD taken out in December so I can start charting.

Just ordered a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and am going to read it cover to cover.

humnck August 2nd, 2013 09:26 AM

Welcome and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

We are thinking of starting in Jan/Feb, the original plan was not until June when DD2 turns 2, but I decided that I would love a fall baby if all goes to plan. We have to wait until at least Jan/Feb so that DD1 is in school and we don't have such a hefty daycare bill...yikes! I think we might skip months that would bring us a holiday baby as well, but maybe not, depends on our frame of mind :)

THE angry uterus August 2nd, 2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quigleysmom (Post 27559904)
We are going to start TTC July of next year. I made an appointment with my gyn to have my IUD taken out in December so I can start charting.

Just ordered a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and am going to read it cover to cover.

Its a great book!! Very informative!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by humnck (Post 27560045)
Welcome and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

We are thinking of starting in Jan/Feb, the original plan was not until June when DD2 turns 2, but I decided that I would love a fall baby if all goes to plan. We have to wait until at least Jan/Feb so that DD1 is in school and we don't have such a hefty daycare bill...yikes! I think we might skip months that would bring us a holiday baby as well, but maybe not, depends on our frame of mind :)

Our kiddos must be real close in age. DS1 will get entering K a year from fall, DS2 is real close in age to your youngest, and I would LOVE a fall baby. Its my fav season.

sara121773 August 2nd, 2013 04:22 PM

We still have not discussed when we will be ttc. I want to now so we will see!

deductiveparent August 9th, 2013 08:27 PM

New here as well. Glad to see this topic is on everyone's mind! DH and I just had "the talk" a few weeks ago and set a (semi)firm start date for TTC. August 2014. Let the 1-year countdown begin :) Of course we are open to divine intervention should that not be the right time, but here's hopin'.

Terra_Mater October 11th, 2013 08:44 AM

Well, apparently I have been MIA since this post but thanks all for responding! I don't know how I missed this :) Wedding planning has been crazy but we are narrowing down most the details.

Looks like we are all pretty close to the same page on TTC, how exciting! Many of us are around mid-way next year :) Nice to meet you all and all your planning looks great!

May14th2011 October 11th, 2013 10:47 AM

Congrats on your wedding! I'll be looking forward to seeing planning posts. :)

We're going to be trying next summer, I think. Maybe sooner if I'm able to get a full-time job. I wouldn't mind another Holiday baby, but I'd also like to keep their birthdays spread out a bit.

MissusF October 11th, 2013 07:11 PM

Welcome and congrats on your wedding! I am WTTC until December or January.

Twirlbird October 16th, 2013 07:17 PM

At the earliest May 2016. More likely 2017. The dates depend on when we get a house, right now we are thinking it will take 2 years to get it. Then a year after that we will TTC.

Reason for may is we do not want another DEC(dd and df are the 1st and 5th respectively) or Jan(me) plus I think 9 other family members.

Ideally I'd want to get preggo Nov or after

flamingo3 October 26th, 2013 05:26 PM

Hi! I just joined and my husband and I plan to start trying September 2014 too! Congrats on the wedding, have fun planning!