JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   How often... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2673713-how-often.html)

HippieLove August 20th, 2013 04:38 PM

How often...

Do you think about the whole WTTC/having another child? Does it absorb your mind sometimes? Is it a daily, weekly or just every now and then thing?

THE angry uterus August 20th, 2013 04:54 PM

Re: How often...

I try to keep it going daily. It keeps me on track with my charting (I was getting really slack with that!!), and keeps me focused with diet and such. I try to keep on with the diet as much as possible (not too hard considering my dietary restrictions) incase we decide to TTC at the last minute (cause THAT has happened before! LOL)

HippieLove August 20th, 2013 05:06 PM

I try to forget about it because our date is so far away but usually at least once every few days something will pop into my head.

ashj_1218 August 20th, 2013 05:20 PM

Not often right now. But I do have a very small baby and am not even emotionally ready to TTC at this point. It will gradually increase til the 1-year mark...then it gets STRONG!

Irish_Wristwatch August 20th, 2013 05:26 PM

I think about it, in the way you think about something youd like to do some day. Im no where near ready to actually be pregnant again right now

Mrs.MCH August 20th, 2013 05:42 PM

DD turns 3 in a month....I'm not sure I'm ready to deliver again yet bc DD was one of those horror stories type births....I almost died...it was scary...so that fear creeps in sometimes...but for the most it reminds me how strong u can become when ur child comes into the picture.... I'm ok being pregnant again...pregnancy wasn't so bad....and I'm ready to handle newborn again but that birth freaks me out a bit when I think of it...but if I let fear guide me I can't live a full life.

I think when I start ttc it will hit me like a ton of bricks

steampunkgoddess August 20th, 2013 07:20 PM

It ebbs and flows. I'll go for a time without thinking about it then it will latch onto my train of thought constantly for weeks. I'm sure as we get closer it will be on my mind more.

quigleysmom August 21st, 2013 03:37 AM

I usually keep it in mind when I'm reading TCOYF (I've had to re-read a few chapters since I'm a little confused on some things). I'm trying to lose weight now so it's like I have a reason now to be healthy. When I'm not smoking a cigarette, I know that I'm doing it for the right reasons. When BF goes outside to smoke now, it reminds me he's committed to have a smoke-free house.

So yeah, I think about it a lot. I'm excited though!

Urchin August 21st, 2013 09:38 AM

Pretty much every day. It's annoying. I wish I could *not* think about it, but I do.

I want to be TTC now, but I know it isn't the right time, and I don't even know if I am mentally ready yet... lol

meld10 August 21st, 2013 12:07 PM

When we first set the date I would think about it maybe once or twice a week but as we get closer it became more frequent. And now I think about it every day...!

I am lucky though, I have only 30 days left before it's time.... but then it will be about thinking of TTCing all the time lol. :rolleyes:

sara121773 August 21st, 2013 12:28 PM

I think about it every single day! I almost feel obsessed. I am ready for another baby now but who knows when it will happen.

Social Halfwit August 21st, 2013 06:54 PM

I'm obsessed as well. I can't wait to be pregnant!

Sawyers_Mommy August 28th, 2013 05:32 PM

I would say either weekly or once in a while. Some weeks I think about it strongly, nearly all day long about once or twice that week. Other times I don't think about it other then in the form of we will be TTC someday.