JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   What's stopping you? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2674359-whats-stopping-you.html)

Urchin August 23rd, 2013 08:36 AM

What's stopping you?

So, what's stopping you from TTC now or early?

Honestly, if I wasn't undergoing tattoo removal right now (and for the next few months) I would be SO after DH to TTC. I'm finally feeling ready ...and moving into a new house isn't helping. hehe.

Britt3 August 23rd, 2013 08:42 AM

Re: What's stopping you?

We will be buying a house in March (well, that's the goal month.. We'll start looking in Jan/Feb) and we didn't want to be moving while I was "too pregnant." Lol especially because I'm a planner, and I'm going to (hopefully) have another home birth, and I'll want to be prepared as best as I can for that.

Urchin August 23rd, 2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britt3 (Post 27607679)
We will be buying a house in March (well, that's the goal month.. We'll start looking in Jan/Feb) and we didn't want to be moving while I was "too pregnant." Lol especially because I'm a planner, and I'm going to (hopefully) have another home birth, and I'll want to be prepared as best as I can for that.

That's a good reason to wait. I've gotten much more broody since we bought our new home.

I'm also a planner, so I understand that feeling as well. It was possible that we were going to wait and build a house in a couple years, and DH could not understand that I didn't want to be moving while pregnant or with 2 children.. lol

meld10 August 23rd, 2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urchin (Post 27607732)
DH could not understand that I didn't want to be moving while pregnant or with 2 children.. lol

I'm with the both of you, moving into a house is by itself intense, I couldn't imagine doing it with 2 kids either or being ''too pregnant'' during the move! I'm glad we got the house we will be living in for a long time before setting our TTC date.

For us, we are pretty much just waiting for my body to ''refresh'' itself after having had an IUD for a year lol. I'm glad I am doing this... the AF that just started has been really weird and painful, I'm not sure my body would have been ready to catch an eggy... Now I'll have a full cycle done without the IUD so I will feel my body will be better prepared to start trying. :)

Also, BF is quitting smoking this week which I am really happy about.

steampunk August 23rd, 2013 10:33 AM

Our main ones are getting out of debt and moving to god knows where in a little over 9 months. So do not want to consider having to be 9 months pregnant or with a newborn as a new mom trying to plan a huge move cross country, finding a new place to live possibly in a place I have never been to, etc. Military moves are stressful enough without adding pregnancy/new baby to the mix.

Irish_Wristwatch August 23rd, 2013 10:49 AM

My period hasnt returned since having our 3rd son in March. But Ideally id like to wait until my kids are a bit older, i had 3 kids in about 2.5 years and that was hard on my body, having 3 very small children is quite demanding at times, so id like for my older kids to be more independent before adding another one to our mix

MommyBeth August 23rd, 2013 11:46 AM

RIght now biggest reason is neither of us is working. We have several others as soon as both of us is working. They are right on up there in importance though.

THE angry uterus August 23rd, 2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britt3 (Post 27607679)

This is one reason why we are waiting. I don't want to be toooooo pregnant when we move again (if we are able to buy a house in March/April like I plan on). Plus I don't want to be pg in the summer when I tend to retain more fluid and with that we all know how much more painful! Ouch!

Social Halfwit August 23rd, 2013 06:38 PM

We are moving, want to be out of this awful house. Also, we will be getting married just before baby is born, so I get to be a pregnant bride!

ashj_1218 August 23rd, 2013 07:15 PM

Mostly the same as Bree (except my spread is a tad wider....3.5 years). I really feel we want a slightly bigger gap this time. I prolly won't get a period til Jo is around a year. And I have NO (nnnnnooooooo) desire to be pregnant again yet. I am very pleased with our current plan. I am not in a big rush to have another (but my little is still very little).

steampunk August 23rd, 2013 08:03 PM

Jeez, half these posts list moving as a reason.

JaeSung August 23rd, 2013 08:31 PM

Mine is a possible not so good reason. My guy was told he may have to go somewhere for 30 days. Because of a failed UA. This failed UA was two UAs ago. Not more than that I don't think. At the time of the failed UA his prob. Officer told him she knows he's been drinking. He lied to her and told her he had non alcoholic beer and didn't know it still had some alcohol in it. The amount is negligible true, but still.

HippieLove August 25th, 2013 07:13 PM

We are moving too :lol: But we get the keys in 6 days, our next adventure is we need to renovate the house, build on 3 extra rooms and set up our farm. All our money has to go to that, and I need to have the energy to help Loz with setting the farm up and renovating. So thats the biggest thing stopping us. My next thing is I've had 4 kids in 6 years. I've always been pregnant by the time my child turned 1-18 months and I want to give my body a break. I want my youngest to be less dependent so I can enjoy the baby and not have a 2 year old as well. If we wait 3 years, by the time the baby is born, Harper will be in Kindergarten and my eldest will be 10, my stepson 12 and step daughter 17. I am also studying accounting so I want to focus on that. Plus I want to get healthier and lose weight.

sara121773 August 26th, 2013 05:59 PM

My dh is the only thing stopping us from ttc. We could probably afford another baby and we have enough space ATM. We will be buying a house in the future but not really are when.