JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   I might get heck for this.. Comments on BFP BFN tests.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2677096-i-might-get-heck-for-comments-bfp-bfn-tests.html)

Britt3 September 6th, 2013 10:27 AM

I might get heck for this.. Comments on BFP BFN tests..

I have wondered for years (been around JM for about 7 years total) if I'm the only one...

When I see people post their PG tests and everyone says, "congrats," "I see a BFP!," etc when I personally don't see a thing. Sometimes it clearly looks negative.

Now don't get me wrong.. It's not that I'm mean and hoping they get negatives, and I'm not being jealous. I also understand that sometimes it may look positive in person and negative in a picture. But I don't understand if these ladies that comment REALLY see something I don't, or if they're fluffing the poster. Also, I always just move on and don't say anything... I don't want to be that one person to burst a bubble. IF I ever say anything I say something like, "hoping for the best! Maybe retest soon"

Am I the only one to notice this trend? If not, do you comment in any way or leave it be?

Now I feel mean.. :-/ but I'm not. I just feel IF something is a BfN then they're setting the woman up for an extra hurtful fall.

Mrs.Julie September 6th, 2013 10:45 AM

Re: I might get heck for this.. Comments on BFP BFN tests..

There have been so so so many times that I DO see a line, super clear, but someone else doesn't. A lot of times I notice half say they def see it and the others don't. Images vary by phone and computer. Youre not mean...just the images vary! Also some eyes are better than others and some have line eye (where when you look at it too hard you can see the control line twice kind of)

EDIT oh yeah I see what youre saying. If I don't see it I say, "hmmmmm, maybe its the evap line youre seeing, hope its your bfp irl though." Or something like that. Yes, I have seen some women be set up for disappointment.

Irish_Wristwatch September 6th, 2013 02:38 PM

i cant speak for everyone but i only say i see something if i truly think i see something. Getting someone hopeful over nothing really isnt my thing, and i would hope that other JMers srent saying they see something just for the heck of it if they dont.

You might not see something when others do for lots of reasons, like the size of the screen youre looking at, or it could be the colouring of your monitor, quality ect

ashj_1218 September 6th, 2013 05:22 PM

I have had similar thoughts. I have great eye sight and am on an ipad (aka: I can zoom the crap out of anything!) And sometimes I am still like "ah, no line there." I very much understand line-eye...heck, I would stare so hard at my own preg tests I would go cross-eyed ;) But sometimes I don't see anything when others do. Although, sometimes I might be one who does see it (because of said zooming abilities) while others don't. I would never fluff someone if they needed to hear that I don't see a line. I hope no one would me either (although I don't generally have questions about my own tests). It would suck worse to then find out it was an evap or never really here in the first place.

HippieLove September 7th, 2013 06:18 AM

I certainly would never say I saw something unless I did.

THE angry uterus September 7th, 2013 07:57 PM

I might be mean cause a lot of times when ppl say they get a BFP at 7 dpo I think they are full of it and even though its possible, its not likely, its more likely its an evap. I also think said chemical pregnancy is actually just AF. :( I think that if you get a faint BFP at 9dpo or later then its more believable. Just my opinion.

Urchin September 9th, 2013 06:15 AM

I hang out over at AIP a lot, and I will flat-out tell people when I don't see anything. I just don't see the point in giving people false hope!

So yes, you're not the only one. I think a lot of people are just so desperate to see lines on ANY test...it's easy to get line-eye!

MommyBeth September 9th, 2013 06:52 AM

Having given myself a case of line eye recently(I am on CD 104, a few signs of AF and BFN tests) I think sometimes we stare so hard people see what they want to see. I tend to not comment on the photos, because I either see nothing or thinking evap/indent line. I don't want to give someone false hope, and while I may see nothing in the pic it may be completely visible IRL.

AmiraX4 September 9th, 2013 11:39 AM

It must be the difference in computers, IRL ect because I also a lot of the times dont see lines when others see it. I have never said anything either because of those reasons.

Britt3 September 9th, 2013 11:44 AM

that makes sense about the difference in computers and such; I never thought of that!! :)

humnck September 9th, 2013 12:41 PM

If I don't see it, I don't say I do. I will either say, sorry I don't see anything, sorry that line doesn't look like it has color, or I ignore the post because I am on a bad computer or just can't really tell. If I think I see a line and am not sure if it is line eye, I steer clear of the post and keep my mouth shut :)