JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Waiting to Try to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/)
-   -   Back and Forth... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f94-waiting-to-try-to-conceive/2701647-back-and-forth.html)

MomTo3LittleBoys January 4th, 2014 08:49 PM

Back and Forth...

Does anyone else go back and forth on deciding to even have another child? I swear is a DAILY struggle for me!! We have two boys.. 3.5 and 2 this month. Most days i am content with two but sometimes I crave another. I dont know if its my hormones or what but I cant decide!! DH doesnt care either way which doesnt help. He says, whatever you want!

grrr:confused:

alicenwonderland January 5th, 2014 09:46 AM

Yup I'm there. I thought I wanted #3, bug freaked out after TTC one cycle. Deciding to have the first 2 was easy. #3 seems to be the game changer.

Irish_Wristwatch January 5th, 2014 10:52 AM

Re: Back and Forth...

I think its really normal to feel that way :)

alicenwonderland January 5th, 2014 06:09 PM

I have pregnancy fever, but I'm afraid of another child.

ashj_1218 January 5th, 2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicenwonderland (Post 27889753)
I have pregnancy fever, but I'm afraid of another child.

This. 100 times. I am the same right now. And while I know we ultimately want a fourth, I think this stage might be longer than I had hoped. I understand what you mean about not being sure and waffling. I'm terrified that if I decide against it (out of fear), that I'll regret it 10 years down the road. But it's also a big leap, especially when things are good and you feel comfortable where you are. I am finding, more and more, that many people struggle when "picking" their family size. When to stop, how to feel done, how to move beyond babyhood, etc. I certainly don't think you are alone (either of you).

MommyBeth January 6th, 2014 10:04 AM

Some days I want another others days I'm fine with just Dd. Right now we are still waiting for at least 12 months.

Sawyers_Mommy January 6th, 2014 05:31 PM

I know for sure I want more so I can't relate to that, but I can agree on the pregnancy fever thing. I'd get pregnant right now (if I was at least 30lbs lighter) because I really want to experience being pregnant again, giving birth ,ect. I LOVE all that! BUT I don't want another baby right now. lol

MusicMommy January 6th, 2014 08:22 PM

I went back and forth for a very long time..... DH went back and forth for even longer. It a big decision so I think it's normal to think it over and sway "back and forth"

Rainbow Momma January 7th, 2014 11:15 AM

First, i absolutely loooove your siggy! GO CHIEFS! (what a disappointment on sat!)

Anyway:p I dont flip flop too much but the thought is always in the back of my head of what if i cant do this. I think its very normal.

humnck January 7th, 2014 12:18 PM

I'm the SAME way. I want another, I'm just so scared of what may happen. On the one hand, I would love to wait until we are more stable financially. Maybe do a couple of projects around the house. However, I think if we wait until then I will be 80...lmao! So, I am thinking we will wait until closer to when DD1 goes to school so daycare costs go down significantly.

On occasion, I think I might want 2 more, but I don't know if my mental state can handle that :)

Cassie.S January 7th, 2014 12:22 PM

Hi Ashley!

I don't really go back and forth, I know I definitely want another, but I'm scared of how much harder daily life is going to get going from 1 to 2.

ChicaChels January 7th, 2014 02:17 PM

2-3 has been harder than i anticipated, but our circumstances were a lot different than i expected. hes the first baby im unable to bf so i am hooked up to pump all the time, then feeding him, then washing bottles and pump parts...such a disaster....and he's my first baby who had special care required - he had an NG for 2 weeks, and he is extreme FTT...i think if he had been like 1&2 it wouldve been a lot easier to transition..but as it is, its not terrible. my kids are relatively close in age (3 kids in 4 years) and my 2 year old can be a super nightmare...but i already know i definitely want a 4th...my biggest fear is another boy! :lol:

MomTo3LittleBoys January 11th, 2014 02:50 AM

I know...so sad the CHiefs lost!!

Thanks ladies. Glad I am not the only one! There are days I think I am bipolar because of how much I flip flop.

I have also lost 120 lbs since my youngest was born and weigh less now than i did in high school. I had gained 50 lbs with each of my boys, so that scares me!