JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Wedding Planning (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f339-wedding-planning/)
-   -   Are yours real or fake? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f339-wedding-planning/2691037-yours-real-fake.html)

GingerMomof3 November 8th, 2013 12:43 AM

Are yours real or fake?

My dh and I unfortunately separated for about 2 year (but never divorced). Thankfully, we are back together and stronger & better than we ever were! Sadly, while I was still in the "furious" stage of the separation, I sold my wedding set. Now that we are together again, I'd love to have new rings but we really don't want to spend the kind of $ that we did before. I've been looking at rings that are sterling silver & cubic zirconia & I must say that I'm impressed with how well they are made these days. I'm curious if anyone else here has a set that is CZ & silver? What are your thoughts on a "fake" diamond vs. the real deal? Or does it even matter to you at all?

butterfly721 December 15th, 2013 08:11 AM

Re: Are yours real or fake?

Mine are real diamonds set in white gold. I don't think that there is anything wrong with having a "fake" set, though. The lab manufactured gems are beautiful. I have some other rings with fake stones, and they look real.

rachelc0 March 12th, 2014 10:18 AM

right now i wear a "fake" one because my fingers are too swollen to wear my real ones lol. but i do have real ones that are my actual wedding set

LUSHaye May 12th, 2014 12:45 PM

Mine are real, but we were thinking about getting a CZ ring so that I could still wear something when my fingers started swelling up. CZ rings can sparkle so much and can be so eye-catching. I'll probably get one just because.

michelleH June 18th, 2014 09:25 AM

Just my opinion, but if you can't afford a diamond, why get a fake one? My engagement ring is a sapphire. We chose that because that's what was in the ring when we got it (I inherited my great grandmother's ring.) My mother offered to take out the sapphire and put in a diamond, but I liked the sapphire. Other stones can be more affordable, and the only reason we connect diamonds with engagement is because of marketing. ;-)

karolinaytu August 24th, 2014 08:59 AM

well, that was a wrong decision you made in selling your wedding set, especially because you were never divorced. At the other side, I must say congratulations for getting back with your husband again (this time, I hope you will not separated again).in case you want a fake wedding ring, I think there is nothing wrong with that because it is just a symbol. Your love is more important than just a ring. So, as long as you can live in love with your husband, you will have the love ring in both your hearts and that is exactly what you need

CherylLe August 29th, 2014 06:29 AM

Fighting will break your strong relationship, so I must say advice don't take any decision in angry because anger is very dangerous. Well for buying new ring there are many options that you apply to buy the ring. There are online stores who provide you the best design and style for rings.