JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Weightloss Buddies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f543-weightloss-buddies/)
-   -   Tori and Kristy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f543-weightloss-buddies/1967660-tori-and-kristy.html)

krysia May 5th, 2010 09:42 AM

Tori and Kristy

Hi Tori,

How is it going? I got in a workout yesterday finally so that was exciting. I m starting C25K and am going to try to get out tonight and do the first workout.

Hope you're doing well !!!

Hunter&Kinzley'sMomma May 5th, 2010 11:09 AM

Re: Tori and Kristy

HI Kristy!

YAY for working out!! Were you able to do it without your hip hurting?? I am going to try and go jogging tonight, I have been "power" walking for a while now and I think I'm ready to start jogging. Yesterday I did my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd. What is C25K?? I'm not familiar with that.

krysia May 6th, 2010 06:52 AM

Oh, do yo like 30 Day Shred? I am planning to get it.

C25K is Couch to 5K. Its a plan to start running and gradually build up to a 5K in 9 weeks. I was running a 5K 3-4 times a week before I got pregnant so it kind of is hard mentally to start at the beginning. But I know I need to take it slow. I didn't get it in last night though :-(
Here is a link Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

My hip does hurt but I think it may be improving. At least that is what I am telling myself :)

Doing ok with food. I just learned that you burn 20 calories per oz. of breastmilk produced so I should be burning about 600 calories bfing. YAY!! I guess that's why I keep losing despite not exercising.

Hunter&Kinzley'sMomma May 6th, 2010 06:12 PM

Don't feel bad about not getting in exercise yesterday, I didn't either! I love 30 day shred! I really want to try p90x though!

I've also heard that breastfeeding burns calories, keep it up!

krysia May 7th, 2010 09:23 AM

I want to try P90X as well.

What time of day do you workout? I want to try to get into a morning routine. Gabriel is starting to settle into a more regular schedule a little and usually wakes up to eat close to 7 so I am thinking I could get up at 5:30 (eek!!) and work out before he wakes up. We'll see. I'm not a morning person.

I'm hoping to keep eating well this weekend. Today is my dad's birthday so I know there will be cake. Then he wants to go out to breakfast and dinner this weekend. I'll try to be strong :)

Hope you have a great weekend. I usually don't get on line much on weekends so I'll update on Monday. That is also my weight tracking day so hopefully I will have good news to post.

Hunter&Kinzley'sMomma May 8th, 2010 07:59 PM

Can't wait to hear your good update on monday! I usually work out when Hunter takes his morning nap. He gets up around 8 and is usually down for a morning nap between 10 and 11. I find this is the best time because I can do my 20 minute workout and shower! I hope you can figure out a good time for you!

I'm still be horrible about stepping on the scale EVERYDAY and multiple times per day!! Though one good thing is I'm down to 170.8 and broke my weight loss plateau. I haven't been good about exercising the past few days because I have been on the go so much! I'm hoping to get back into my routine on Monday though!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Happy Belated Birthday to your dad! I hope you ate some cake, it's okay to splurge when it's only one time a year! LOL

krysia May 10th, 2010 10:01 AM

YAY for breaking through your plateau!!! Those are awful. I lost 0.6 again this week so my current weight is 172.4. That puts me 20 lbs. from my prepreggo weight. I got 30 Day Shred for Mother's Day and am doing it when I get home after I nurse my guy. He can sit in his Bumbo chair and laugh at me :)

I also step on the scale every day. I'm gonna try to cut down to every other day.

I ate a lot of cake this weekend but there are no occasions for cake this week so I should be safe from temptation.

I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Hunter&Kinzley'sMomma May 11th, 2010 03:06 PM

I hope you had an awesome Mother's Day as well!!! YOU will LOVE 30 day shred! You are going to be sore though! I think I'm going to do your idea and try to cut down stepping on the scale to every other day also! Good job on the .6 weight loss!!!

krysia May 18th, 2010 10:29 AM

Hey!!! I weighed in yesterday and am 170.8. So that is a 1.6 lb. loss. Woohoo!!! I missed my workout yesterday though. My MIL just got here from Poland so my routines are out of wack. Hope to get one in tonight.

Hope your doing well

Hunter&Kinzley'sMomma May 18th, 2010 11:40 AM

That is awesome! Way to go! I haven't worked out since thursday, my b-day and my SIL's baby shower was this weekend, so I ate wayyy too much! I will be working out tonight though!

Hunter&Kinzley'sMomma May 18th, 2010 01:42 PM

Kristy, I have to tell you Thank You! Your 1.6 pound weight loss motivated me to get up and do my Jillian Michael's dvd and tonight me, dh, and Hunter are going for a walk/ jog! Thanks for being an awesome weight loss buddy! BTW, I might be headed your way in July! My cousin is graduating basic training from Ft. Jackson! We are taking a vacation in June to see my dad get married, so if we have enough money when we get back, we will be attending his graduation. Maybe we could meet up if we head that way! I will let you know closer to time though!

krysia May 19th, 2010 09:24 AM

That would be awesome!!

I'm glad I can be motivating but I need a kick in the butt this week. I haven't worked out. Adjusting to my MIL being here has been weird. I haven't been really careful about my food either. Oh, well. Today is a new day :)

Hunter&Kinzley'sMomma May 19th, 2010 09:14 PM

How long is your MIL staying?? Is she cooking some good polish food for you?? LOL

Are you embarrassed to exercise in front of her?? I know that seems silly, but I can totally relate. I feel silly exercising in front of DH! LOL

Here is your kick in the butt: I know you can do this Kristy! You are right, everyday is a new day. It's okay to mess up sometimes, you just have to get back on track the next day! If you feel silly exercising in front of your MIL, maybe you could ask her to go for a walk with you and Gabriel! Or maybe she could watch him for you while you go jogging or walking! You go girl and I hope when I get back on here that you tell me you have lost more weight!

I haven't been the best either! It's been EXTREMELY hot here for Spring (in the 90's everyday!) so we didn't go walking/jogging today! We can do this! We will achieve our goal of 140 before you know it!

krysia May 28th, 2010 09:39 AM

I have not been able to get on here for days. Have you had connection problems? I kept getting an under construction site when I tried to go to any JM forum.

So, I gained alittle this week. But, I am still managing to step on the scale every day despite telling myself not to and was 167 this morning. I have a theory why but it is a little TMI. I've walked some this week but my hip is still killing me. I'm close to getting ready to see a physical therapist to straighten out this issue.

Hope your doing well. Any closer to 140 :-)

Hunter&Kinzley'sMomma June 3rd, 2010 01:01 PM

Yes I had the same problem! I think it was an issue everyone was having.

I was down to 166 but have managed to gain back to 168 but still under 170 so I'm not complaining! I start a new job tomorrow (daycare and Hunter will be going too) and I get a two hour lunch so I'm hoping to accomplish exercise during that time.

I would definitely see someone about your hip, that's no good! Glad JM is back up again!

krysia June 6th, 2010 12:56 PM

I'm hoping to have an interview for a new job this week. I have a strong shot and the work schedule would make it a lot easier to work out. Gabriel starts daycare in a month which will get us all in more of a routine which will also help. My food isn't going so well right now. My MIL brought so many Polish treats and makes more. Today I mage chocolate chip cookies. I'll have to give them away at work tomorrow because I already feel like I could eat the whole pan :) That is a problem of mine, that I like to bake. At least I can always unload the results at work!!

Glad we're back on line.