JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Weightloss Buddies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f543-weightloss-buddies/)
-   -   Triple A Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f543-weightloss-buddies/2319522-triple-thread.html)

Ambie213 May 4th, 2011 12:11 PM

Triple A Thread

Hi I'm new to this board and I would love to have a weight-loss buddy! My name is Amber and my short term goal is to lose 30 lbs (175). Ultimately, I'd like to be about 150, though. I have a 2 year old son and a new baby girl, so I am BFing and it is hrd to get exercise in right now as I'm still adjusting to having 2 instead of 1. Please PM me or respond if you'd like to be my buddy!

4hearts May 15th, 2011 05:22 PM

Re: Anyone looking for a buddy?

Did you get a buddy yet? I too need to lose 30 to get down to 170 and would LURVE to be 150! I too have a BFing baby but she is almost 9 months.

Ambie213 May 15th, 2011 05:36 PM

I have been talking with someone, but I don't see why we can't be buddies, too! I say the more people I have to talk with the better off I'll be! I'd be glad to be buddies with you!

4hearts May 15th, 2011 07:25 PM

OKAY! :D How do we go about this? (New to this section). Do we use this thread to report to?

Ambie213 May 16th, 2011 01:56 PM

We can either use the thread, PM on here, or we can exchange email addresses.... it doesn't matter to me, so let me know what is easiest/best for you!

BTW... my name is Amber!

4hearts May 16th, 2011 04:18 PM

Cool! :) We better do it here, I am so bad about pm's and emails for some reason. Maybe we could change the thread name to 'Ambie and Aqua's thread' :) Or something along those lines.

It's real cool to find someone who is MY size and looking to lose the same amount. How long have you been 'plus-sized'? I have been since I was 20 y/o (9 yrs ago) Right before I got pg with DD1 I went from 125 lbs at age 17 to 175 three yrs later. (too much fastfood, I guess) But, I also have no thyroid. It was removed when I was 13 y/o for being hyperthyroid. I have stayed between 185-205 lbs ever since DD1 was born. Currently I'm 200 lbs.

WHat is your current plan of action? I have none really. I have just tried to not be stressed about my weight and to make a few better food choices. I want to start exercising though and calorie counting. I keep a food journal off and on with myfitnesspal.com. I give myself 300 extra calories a day for BFing and I used to give myself 600 back a few months ago when she was soley BFing. I'm taking a multivitamin too to make sure she's getting the nutrition she needs. :) I'm going to *try* to get up in the morning and run around the yard or something, maybe some jumping jacks? I'll let you know.

I'm Rebecca. Nice to meet you and Oh! Your children are so cute. I love your DS's expression!

Ambie213 May 17th, 2011 06:57 AM

LOL thank you! Your children are beautiful too!

I have been plus-sized for as long as I can remember..., I was never a small child. My highest was when I was preg w/ DS... I was 275 right before he was born ( I started at 220... my highest at the time). I had finally lost his baby weight by last summer plus 25 more... I was at 195 and got preg w/ DD. 1 week before she was born I was 229. At 4wks PP I'm at 205. I was big in school... In 5th grade I was something like 175 or 180. I ended up losing like 20lbs in Jr High and was like 160 (not the right way - starving, puking, pills galore...), but I put it back on thru HS and college

Currently I'm trying to watch what I eat but my willpower isn't great - I love cookies, cake, ice cream... Also recently I've realized that Phoebe is probably alergic to dairy so I'm attempting to eliminate it from my diet :( I am BFing currently but don't know how long I'll be able to go dairy free... Also, I am participating in the 30 Day Shred challenge they have started on here... I just started yesterday - I've been doing workouts on my own prior. I'm really hoping to be at pre preg weight by the end of June at the latest (10 lbs)
you mentioned you had hyperthyroid... I have hypothyroidism... mine is slow and I'm on thyroid meds... darn thyroid anyway!

4hearts May 17th, 2011 03:51 PM

Re: Ambie & Aqua's thread

Sorry I'm just now responding! DH is off work Mon-Tues so today is like Sunday for us KWIM? Anyways, I did not follow through with my 'workout'. Slept in and started housework and homeschool. We have family coming over in 2 weeks so I'm preoccupied with house and yard cleanup. We just moved here almost a yr ago so it's been a process but I'm happy to say that in 2 weeks things should be up to par finally and I can start a daily life schedule that includes several workouts a week. It will help my dieting too to be on a schedule. As it is right now I just pig out when stressed. My diet isn't terrible but my portions are and I love me some sweets!

Are you on Synthyroid? I'm on the generic Levothyroid 200 mcg. Your dosage is probably not that high bc you still have a thyroid. Mine is completely gone. How long have you had issues with it?

What is the 30 day shread.. scratch that... I'll go look so you won't have to explain. :)

So, how did your progress go today? Maybe I'll do a little something tomorrow since our weather has been so much cooler.

Ambie213 May 17th, 2011 05:48 PM

I'm on 100mcg levothyroxine... I was only on 75mcg but it got bumped up twice during pregnancy.

30 Day Shred is a DVD with/by Jillian Michaels. Basically it's a 20 minute workout every day. There are 3 circuits consisting of 3 minutes strength, 2 mins cardio, and 1 min abs for each circuit. Plus there's a warm up and cooldown. I'm only on my second day of doing it, but I enjoy it! I'm able to keep up, but I still sweat pretty good! I'm still struggling with having to eliminate dairy, but my food today wasn't bad... I had 1 1/2c Golden Crisp with 1c soy milk for bfast, a Healthy Choice meal and salad for lunch and a protein bar made w/ soy for a sweet (I'm obsessed w/ sweets!), then I had a piece of meatloaf and homemade sauerkraut and a roll with butter (I know... shoud have eliminated butter) for dinner. I"m thinking I may have some berries in soy milk for a snack later!

Ambie213 May 19th, 2011 06:09 AM

I did day 4 of 30DS - For the most part, I find that I'm able to keep up better (except for those dang shoulder raises w/ side lunge!) I really hate those - they kill my arms!!!
I'm excited today - I weighed myself this morning (I always peek in the middle of the week) and I'm down another 1.2lbs so far (203.8). I'll officially weigh-in on Sunday, but seeing where I am mid-week usually tends to keep me motivated!
My breakfast was pretty good, too - 1/2 whole wheat bagel w/ 1T natural PB, 2 pear halves (no sugar added), and a soy yogurt w/ 1T granola (yum!)
I have a Pampered Chef show tonight, and have to go to a friends this morning/afternoon, so I prolly won't get back to you until tomorrow. Talk to you later!

4hearts May 19th, 2011 05:43 PM

YAYAY! for the weight loss! I'm proud of you :) I'm sorry I've been a crappy buddy thus far. I'm really consumed with things around the house currently. I have a few projects I'm dealing with (house organizing). My family is coming here in 2 weeks for my cousins graduation (which I now see I've already mentioned above..lol) so I'm trying to get things tip top. Also, I'm homeschooling my oldest and then she's taking a 2 week break for the firt half of june. (We're doing 6 weeks of 'summer school' and 6 weeks OFF. So, June 6th, I think I will be starting something hardcore. Maybe I can get my DH to get me that 30 day shread deal. :)

Gotta go but hope you had a great time with your friend! :D

Talk tomorrow!

Ambie213 May 20th, 2011 04:49 AM

Day 5 30 DS done ... I'm finding that if I get up early before DH leaves for work and do the workout, I stick to it better than if I "try" to fit it in during the day.... I feel the baby, then he hangs out wiht her while I take 20-30 mins for my workout!

Last night, I ate great!!! I did a PC show at my aunt's and I basically ate tons of fruit and veggies (with a couple of blue corn chips and hummus)! Go me!

Don't worry about "being a crappy buddy" I don't think that at all! I completely understand how hectic life can be! I have to go grocery shopping tonight then I have another Pampered Chef show tomorrow, so I may be scarce this weekend! But I'll definitely let you know how my weigh-in goes on Sunday! Talk to you soon!

Asdel May 20th, 2011 01:05 PM

Can i Join In with you gals? I could really use a weight loss buddy

4hearts May 20th, 2011 01:34 PM

Sure Asdel :D Tell us about yourself and your weightloss plan :)

Amber- I like Humus a lot. I soooo need to get up in the morning when everyone is sleeping and do the workout but my head is not in it yet. Pampered Chef sounds fun! I hope you have a great time!

I have been doing better at turning the chocolate covered raisins down. Didn't have any yesterday. I plan to weigh in the morning and see if I got under 200 yet. I also plan to drink a few glasses of water today.

Weightloss vibes to you both!

Asdel May 20th, 2011 03:51 PM

My name is Connie
I am 27 years old
My doctor has me on calorie counting to help me with weight loss
I was losing weight but had to stop as i got pregnant but 7 weeks in lost the baby

Ambie213 May 20th, 2011 05:57 PM

Hi Connie! I'm so sorry for your loss :( You are more than welcome to join us! I do have my info posted above and my weight loss goal in my ticker... I have a 5 week old daughter and a 2 year old son; I'm trying to lose the rest of the baby weight, then I have about 25-30 more to go. I'd like to be around 160-170ish (at least that's my plan right now)
I"m participating in the 30 Day Shred challenge they have going on in here... finished day 5 today!

Rebecca - you have much more willpower than I do... I'm like a chocoholic! I see chocolate I want it!!!

Asdel May 20th, 2011 09:11 PM

I to have the thirty day shred I will have to start on that when i recover from all the bleeding I've had

Ambie213 May 21st, 2011 02:18 PM

So I'm thinking we should change our thread name something like AAA or the 3 A's..... any other suggestions? We're not just Ambie and Aqua any more!

4hearts May 21st, 2011 04:21 PM

LOL Amber! I agree.. Hah hah, that made me think about "Triple A" :)

Just wanted to pop in and respond to that. I gotta go, I'm not feeling well today.

I'm so sorry for your loss Connie :(

Ambie213 May 22nd, 2011 05:19 AM

OMG girls! I'm so happy I had to get on and share! I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 200.4! I lost 4 1/2 lbs this week! :cheer: :greencheer: :excited:
I just had to share... I haven't stopped smiling. PLUS, to make things even better, my Jellybean slept ON HER OWN last night without me holding her.... 11pm to 4am, then about 5am until after 8 (she's still sleeping)
OK, so should we be "AAA Thread" or "Triple A Thread" Or do we have a better idea? Talk soon!