JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Weightloss Buddies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f543-weightloss-buddies/)
-   -   Matilda and Peapod's Weight loss and Fitmess Journal (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f543-weightloss-buddies/2403084-matilda-and-peapods-weight-loss-and-fitmess-journal.html)

peapod August 27th, 2011 06:43 PM

Matilda and Peapod's Weight loss and Fitmess Journal

I started back to work this week and it was really difficult keeping up with exercise. I was able to workout 4 days this week only. I am hoping since next week will be in the classroom and not painting or moving furniture that I will be able to workout 6 days.

My intention for the next week is to kick up the cardio. I have been doing very well gaining muscle which is one reason that I think my weight loss has been slow or maybe I am fooling myself. I need to start loosing the fat more rapidly.

So I am still at 138 and I will check my measurements in the morning.

waist 28 3/4 inches (-1/4")
hips 37 1/2 inches (-1/2")
since 2wks ago

Matilda August 27th, 2011 11:33 PM

Re: Matilda and Peapod's Weight loss and Fitmess Journal

you exercising in the morning, afternoon or lunch time?

I think once things settle back into a routine the exercise will fall into place.

I'm alternating cardio and strength training. Today is strength training... which I still need to do (i've been busy sewing).

peapod August 28th, 2011 04:43 AM

during the week I have to workout after work. So I am trying for the gym 2xs M-F around 5:30p and 2x @ home after the kids go to sleep around 8:30-9p and 2x on wkend @gym in the morning. I really take it where I can get it.

What is your schedule?

Matilda August 28th, 2011 05:56 PM

Monday's and wednesday the kids are in daycare kinda, so I try to do my big sweaty workouts then. At the moment that is running.

Tuesdays or thursdays are my day off, just depends on what activities we have been doing during the day.

If the kids are in a good mood, then I might do a workout during the day. They love it when mummy exercises cause they want to do it too.

mon - run or other cardio
tuesday - strength
wed - run/strength (i like to do both, a big workout)
thurs - rest
friday - yoga/pilates
sat - cardio
sun - strength

Times vary. On weekdays it's usually in the evenings when they are in bed.

Today I went for a run, just 3k, I figured I didn't want to overdo it. Felt really good.

peapod August 28th, 2011 06:08 PM

What is your screen name on fitocracy? I am jsh

Matilda August 29th, 2011 07:12 PM

i honestly don't know... lmao. but i added you.

Matilda August 31st, 2011 02:50 PM

tired p90m yesterday, and wow i'm feeling it today.

I had p90 but i found it wasn't enough. p90m however is more my style, even though Tony is a dag and makes me laugh.

peapod August 31st, 2011 07:03 PM

which in the series did you do?

Matilda August 31st, 2011 11:56 PM

I had to look it up, but it was cardio intervals. It was tough, but in a good way.

peapod September 4th, 2011 07:46 PM

I say on MFP you lost.7kg congrats! You seem to be losing at a good pace.

Matilda September 5th, 2011 07:51 PM

yeah thanks.

I'm noticing lots of small changes, like my tummy feel small, my pants fit better.
I can also do more push ups (ladies), and do more mens pushups than previously.

So I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.

Once I get down to 72kg (which is 4kg away), i'm going to reward myself with new running shoes.
I plan on going to running world, were there will examine my run on a treadmill. I'm excited bout that.

peapod September 10th, 2011 05:00 AM

Measurements

Waist 28" (-3/4")
Hips 38 (+1/2) I think from me doing 100 squats most workout days

I can see a difference in my rear-end from the squats it is much rounder

I also am down to 136lbs

I tried on a pair of my pants and they come just below my rear-end now. I am so excited. Two weeks ago they just came right above my knees. I hope I can fit into my pants by the time it gets cold.

Matilda September 11th, 2011 08:56 PM

nice work!

Keep it up.

Well I'm still getting over being sick, I got hit hard with it this time around.

so no exercise for me, just watching what I'm eating atm.

My mum did say that I've lost weight, so that's a good thing.

peapod September 13th, 2011 05:15 PM

That must have been one nasty bug if you are still recovering. Are your kids all better?

Matilda September 15th, 2011 02:27 PM

Kayla is better, but it's lagging with Miles.

Yesterday I was able to do Hiit20 high impact, still took a bit out of me, but I did it.

Today I'm going to try the insanity fit test.

Matilda September 23rd, 2011 01:50 PM

It's so good to be able to get back into exercise, I sure did miss it.

Last night i got on the scales and was shocked when it said 74.2k (163lbs). I normally weight myself in the morning. Last time I weighed myself I was 75.2 (165lbs).
I have not been 74k since I got pregnant (the 1st time around). So it's a good feeling to know that my hard work is paying off.

I've also invested in the polar ft4 hrm. I should get it on Monday. The hrm I have is one of those finger ones, and is ok for a watch, but crap as a hrm. So I bit the bullet and forked out the $100 (brand new, they retail for about $140 here), and bought one from the polar shop (direct).

So Judy how are things going for you?

peapod September 24th, 2011 06:21 PM

Great job with the weight lose!

I actually went for a run this morning and finally broke through the mental wall I had. For some reason I was having trouble running continuously without stopping to walk. I ran on a local track and I just kept pushing myself. I ran a straight 5 miles at 10:35 a mi. I felt really great. I would have went the extra 1.11 mi for a full 10k but I had to get home and take a shower before the boys music class.

Matilda September 26th, 2011 01:13 AM

well done.

I'm sure you'll make it to the 10k. Have you done 10k before?

The furthest I've ran in 5k (well just over). I'm hoping in 6 -8 months I'll get there. No rush atm.

peapod October 2nd, 2011 04:42 AM

I haven't done a 10k. That day I could have physically kept running and completed a 10k but I needed to get home the kids had music class.

I have lost another pound this week.

waist 27" (-1)
hips 37" (-1)

I got back into a pair of my winter pants. They were tight but I got them over my hips so YAY!

Matilda October 9th, 2011 06:13 PM

well done on the loss.

Well I ran 6.2k the other day. I couldn't believe it. I was aiming for 30 mins, but I ended running for 34mins (6.2k). Let me tell you that last 2km were a killer, my hips flexors were feeling it. But at the same time it felt really good.
I ended up running a 5k in 28mins (roughly). Where I was running it was all flat, while here at home, there are hills (gradient) galore.
Today I also did the insanity fit test (2nd time i've done it), and I've improved on last time, which is a good thing.
Scale is still the same, however the last 10 days I haven't had a scale, and I've been on holiday, and I forgot my resistance band, so I couldn't do weights, so just did cardio. I also wasn't cooking (at my mums), and well when I don't cook it's hard to figure out the cal content kwim.