JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Western Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f146-western-mommies/)
-   -   Baby Shower (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f146-western-mommies/2481188-baby-shower.html)

LJD3Tdance January 26th, 2012 10:28 PM

Baby Shower

Did you have a baby shower thrown for you when you were pregnant with your first child?

pink_piggy January 27th, 2012 12:09 AM

Re: Baby Shower

Yep and it was a suckfest. :( but right before Aubrey was 2 mo we flew back to visit my family and had a great "meet the baby" :)

btw congrats on your little girl!! :D

katylady January 27th, 2012 07:39 AM

Well mine was 2 weeks ago so yes I had one. And I truly wish I was around my family who are buying practical things than just my friend who bought clothes or blankets.

But yay for baby on the way!! Soon Soon I will see my Baby Girl!

LJD3Tdance January 27th, 2012 10:14 PM

I was thrown a wonderful baby shower. I'm always like "Awww, I wish I was still in those days" when others are having showers!

lnj5duke January 28th, 2012 01:20 PM

Yes, I had two- one with out-of-town family at 20 weeks, and one with my work people around 35 weeks.

I actually just went to BRU and registered, even though no one is planning to throw me one this time around. I figure I can use the coupons, and there might be 1-2 out-of-town family members who want to send a gift. I felt kind of greedy, though, lol!

momie2b9-20-11 January 29th, 2012 07:54 AM

I actually had 3 baby showers. The big main shower was with a bunch of out of town friends that all got together and gave me a shower when were at a big camp. I was abot 20wks. It was fun and I was grateful for what I got but mostly blankets and clothes. The next was with family in TX. I stated what I needed was on my registry and so I got quite a bit off my registry there and I was almost 30wks. The last was a small shower with local friends at around 35wks

LJD3Tdance January 29th, 2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnj5duke (Post 25536932)
Yes, I had two- one with out-of-town family at 20 weeks, and one with my work people around 35 weeks.

I actually just went to BRU and registered, even though no one is planning to throw me one this time around. I figure I can use the coupons, and there might be 1-2 out-of-town family members who want to send a gift. I felt kind of greedy, though, lol!

Registering is super fun though!

lnj5duke January 29th, 2012 08:24 PM

This is true! Although it's less fun when you're dragging a toddler around, lol :).

LJD3Tdance January 30th, 2012 09:06 PM

I did mine from the comfort of my computer desk :lol:

Sonshine1296 January 31st, 2012 04:39 PM

Kind of. Lol. I had a small baby shower at my hubby's work with just his co-workers at the end of July 2008. But, the main baby shower with all my family and friends was scheduled for 8/16 and I had her the day before that. She was a month earlier than planned due to me having pre-eclampsia.

hollywoodma January 31st, 2012 08:29 PM

Nope, my friends wanted to throw me one but I refused! Baby showers/birthday parties are not my thing.