JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Widely Spaced Siblings (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f282-widely-spaced-siblings/)
-   -   Time for an intro thread? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f282-widely-spaced-siblings/1114699-time-for-intro-thread.html)

ypperin June 17th, 2008 03:21 PM

Well, I didn't see this posted as of late so I thought I'd go out on a limb and start a check in thread :)

So, tell us:

Name:
# of Kiddos:
Gap between siblings:
1 Reason Gap is a good thing:
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge:

Name: Erin
# of Kiddos: 3
Gap between siblings: 1st 2 - 11mos ----- 2nd 2 - 7years
1 Reason Gap is a good thing: Exta hands to help
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: It is in fact possible for a 1 yo to argue with an 8 yo, ask my eldest!!!

Cyndee September 13th, 2008 04:44 AM

Name: Erin
# of Kiddos: 3
Gap between siblings: Walker and Braxton is 6 year 2 months, Braxton and Trinity is 15 months
1 Reason Gap is a good thing: Exta hands to help
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: Little ones always want to hang out with big bro.. But can't always go where he does

Rachel September 15th, 2008 07:08 PM

Name: Rachel
# of Kiddos: 3; Sarah is 19, James is 17 and Daniel is 3
Gap between siblings: 2 years 9 months between the first two and 14 years between the second and last!
1 Reason Gap is a good thing: baby sitters!
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: starting over and makes the youngest feel like an only child

Mommy2n1 September 16th, 2008 07:03 AM

Name: Jenn
# of Kiddos: 3; Sean will be 13 Oct 5th, Traci will be 9 Oct 1st and Keira is 14 months.
Gap between siblings: 4 years between Sean and Traci and then 8 years between Traci and Kiki
1 Reason Gap is a good thing: They were all out of diapers before the next, they will also be out of college before the next (god willing).
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: It's a lot harder to run around with the older kids' activities with a toddler in tote!

Rachel September 16th, 2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: It's a lot harder to run around with the older kids' activities with a toddler in tote![/b]
That is so true! It's like torture taking Daniel to one of James' football games or track meets!

mommyreb September 18th, 2008 02:14 AM

Name: Rebecca
# of Kiddos: 2
Gap between siblings: 5 years, 7 months
1 Reason Gap is a good thing: DD got to have all my attention for 5 years, and now that she is in school, DS gets one on one time as well
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: Trying to keep DS on a schedule with all of the school stuff/activities/volunteering that goes on.

finallypregnantagain September 18th, 2008 07:15 PM

Name: Andrea (New to this board)
# of Kiddos: Almost 2
Gap between siblings: Gap will be 10/ almost 11 years
1 Reason Gap is a good thing: DD got to be an only child for 10 years, and now is soo happy to have a brother on the way
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: I worry about trying to keep up with DD while I'm taking care of a baby.

Soon2BMommyOf4 October 29th, 2008 07:56 AM

Name: Tammy
# of Kiddos: 4
Gap between siblings: 10 years from the youngest, but 16 from the oldest
1 Reason Gap is a good thing: I have lots of help with the baby!
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: Everyone needs me and I am so tired!

corockies17 November 15th, 2008 07:31 PM

Name: Melissa
# of Kiddos: 2
Gap between siblings: 9 years 7 months
1 Reason Gap is a good thing: dd helps with her brother
1 Reason the gap can be a challenge: all dd after school activites and ds won't have relatives his age to growup with