JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Widely Spaced Siblings (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f282-widely-spaced-siblings/)
-   -   What IS classed as 'widely spaced'? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f282-widely-spaced-siblings/1847703-what-classed-widely-spaced.html)

Gaby&Emmy'sMama January 23rd, 2010 03:11 PM

What IS classed as 'widely spaced'?

I don't know if I should be posting here or not.. LOL.. what IS classed as widely spaced? Gaby will be close to 4 by the time this one arrives. It doesn't seem hugely spaced to me, but it also doesn't seem closely spaced........

LovinMyGirls February 14th, 2010 09:08 AM

Re: What IS classed as 'widely spaced'?

I think you'd qualify..not a huge gap. I sometimes pop in here. My girls are 5 yrs & 5 months apart..it's a gap but not HUGE in my eyes.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama February 15th, 2010 07:08 PM

thanks hun.... I know it's not a small age gap - but I also know it's not huge :confused: i need an in between board lol

LovinMyGirls February 21st, 2010 08:22 AM

lol inbetween board...

lynnmichelle26 February 23rd, 2010 08:36 PM

Amber, how old are your girls? I'm a little worried how my 5 year old (who will almost be 6 by the time lil brother is born) will deal and what their relationship will be like...I'm not so worried about it right off the bat since he's very nurturing and has begged me for about 3 years now to have a baby brother/sister LOL, but I'm more worried about how close they'll be when they get a little older.

The girls are beautiful by the way!

Chantel2488 March 27th, 2010 07:44 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that my mother belongs here. I am 22 and my sister is 3! and none in between haha

RTMOM April 13th, 2010 08:20 PM

That is what I am wondering..since my son will be around 4 if we concieve in the next few months. (just started TTC #2).

Lovinglifewithtwo April 18th, 2010 12:13 PM

I would classify "widely" as 5 years plus.

Everyone has their opinion though.

Kathode April 19th, 2010 08:50 PM

I agree with the 5 years, I guess when one is old enough to be in school before the next comes along...

SillyKitty December 18th, 2010 06:51 PM

It's all in the eye of the beholder. I think 5 years apart is somewhat closely spaced, lol.

My first two are 11 years apart, and now I'm pregnant again with #3... the first two will be 19 and 8 when this one arrives. (and, yes, all from the same father... dh and I have been together since high school)

i:heart:you January 6th, 2011 09:58 AM

I agree it depends on who you ask. DD and DS are 7 years apart. I always wanted children close together, but that's not the way things worked out. I wouldn't change a thing though except for the fact my dd gets a little jealous, I wish I could reassure her that my feelings for her will never change!

blessedwithabeauty January 14th, 2011 12:54 PM

My brother and I are 5 years apart and were SUPER close as kids- he was always playing with me and looking out for me...my DF's younger sister is nearly 6 years younger and the same goes for them- they are very close...just thought I'd chime in for those wondering how their children's relationships might be at 5-6 years apart :)

Sorilla May 2nd, 2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chantel2488 (Post 19600303)
There is no doubt in my mind that my mother belongs here. I am 22 and my sister is 3! and none in between haha

How did you feel about it when you learned that your brave mother will have a child?! :sneak:

bowlingbabe6 June 16th, 2011 08:54 AM

chiming in here.

Our kids are 10 and 2 and i'm due in september...all boys.

jersey_gray July 12th, 2011 10:41 PM

I would consider 5 years or more as widely spaced, 3-4 years "in between" and 2 years or less as closely spaced. Mine will be three years apart so they aren't very close in age but not that far apart in age either. I think it will be a good age gap. Not planned that way, we started trying for our second when our first daughter turned one and I had hoped we'd have our sticky baby sooner rather than later but not the way it worked out.

suebeetx July 14th, 2011 07:41 PM

I guess I qualify. Due 11/2 w/ third boy. Oldest will be closer to 9 than 8, and next will be almost 5 1/2. He starts kindergarten next month.

Crystal78 October 14th, 2011 09:53 AM

I agree that its in the eye of the beholder, Some think 4 yrs is wide and some think its close enough!