JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Widely Spaced Siblings (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f282-widely-spaced-siblings/)
-   -   QOTD: 03/27/07 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f282-widely-spaced-siblings/516500-qotd-03-27-07-a.html)

AnnikasMommy March 27th, 2007 08:27 AM

My neighbor (whom I don't care for but feel sorry for) is have her baby this morning. When I left for work her husband was in the driveway talking on his cell phone. This is her fourth child. 2nd with him but he was working out of town for their first child togethers birth. This is his first time beign really with her while she was pregnant and can be there for the birth. All long he said she can call him when she has the baby. <_<

QOTD:

How would you feel if your DH/ SO was not there for you when you were having your baby?

To be totally honest, I think DH would be a dead man. The only excuse not to be there is Deployment, death or some kind of serious injury. :lol:

Rebecca^ March 27th, 2007 10:27 AM

oh yeah, if my man is local he better be there or he is seriously a dead man, no excuses. deployment is another story.

AnnikasMommy March 27th, 2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

oh yeah, if my man is local he better be there or he is seriously a dead man, no excuses. deployment is another story.[/b]
Deployment isn't an option as we all know all to well. :rolleyes:

blythe March 27th, 2007 12:58 PM

There was this guy I was kinda seeing a long time ago..before my DH and I got together. He and I were both recently divorced and both had a child. He was wonderful in so many ways seemingly...good job, nice looking, good with kids and really liked kids (He taught at the same school I did...), etc BUT one day, we got on the topic of labor and delivery somehow and he said he just couldn't handle being in the delivery room with his exwife when she had their daughter, he told me how he had been at a restaurant and she called when it was over and the whole topic turned me OFF to him !!!!! <_< After that, I didn't see him in a romantic kind of way anymore and broke it off with him, although we were still colleagues and kinda friends. He ended up moving to another school district the next year.

When I am at my weakest points in life, I need a man to stand beside me...I knew he wasn't gonna be that man. :confused: Fortunately, my DH is a very strong man in the emotional sense and helps me feel better when I'm low or afraid or upset :wub: ...

Jendaly March 27th, 2007 01:27 PM

I have never heard of something so obsurd in all my life, especially since they are married!!! There are those dead beats out there that abandon the mothers of their babies, but a MARRIED man. I am just shaking my head in astonishment!!

Kaypea March 27th, 2007 08:00 PM

i would be so upset to be alone in labour.....that would have to be an amazing excuse!

Heather, glad you met a good one ;)

AnnikasMommy March 28th, 2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

When I am at my weakest points in life, I need a man to stand beside me...I knew he wasn't gonna be that man. :confused: Fortunately, my DH is a very strong man in the emotional sense and helps me feel better when I'm low or afraid or upset :wub: ...[/b]
I'm glad that you found such a wonderful man. I could not imagine laboring alone with out your mate. My sister had my dad in the delivery room with her because the sperm donor was just that. <_<

LeeG March 28th, 2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

To be totally honest, I think DH would be a dead man. The only excuse not to be there is Deployment, death or some kind of serious injury. :lol:[/b]
My thoughts EXACTLY!!! :P