JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Widely Spaced Siblings (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f282-widely-spaced-siblings/)
-   -   What's your favorite thing ... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f282-widely-spaced-siblings/844852-what-s-your-favorite-thing.html)

AndoriaC December 14th, 2007 11:40 AM

About having Widely Spaced Siblings?

--------------------

I love that I got to enjoy all the time with Angel when she was little, and that I can enjoy that time with Alana as well WITHOUT it really affecting my time with Angel any, since she is in school during the day. And it is so much fun watching Angel with her little sister now!!

AnnikasMommy December 19th, 2007 02:27 PM

We are a little different. We are a blended widely spaced. I came into Brandon's life when he was 9 so I had about 7 years to really get to know him and spend time with him before we had Annika. I think the advantage to that was Brandon knew I loved him and spent time with him before bringing another child into the picture.

alb1382 December 22nd, 2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

About having Widely Spaced Siblings?

--------------------

I love that I got to enjoy all the time with Angel when she was little, and that I can enjoy that time with Alana as well WITHOUT it really affecting my time with Angel any, since she is in school during the day. And it is so much fun watching Angel with her little sister now!![/b]
Your response pretty much wraps up everything I was going to say...I got so much one on one baby time with savannah and then really got to enjoy the same with Lucas since savannah was so much older and in school. I love it! Plus...less fights over toys as they don't play with the same things...usually :P

Kaypea January 4th, 2008 07:22 PM

Ditto! i love the gap between our kids.

karri January 18th, 2008 10:30 AM

free babysitter, lol...

Kaypea January 19th, 2008 09:33 AM

Haha Karri, how do you mannage to get the babysitting for FREE???

Momof4Boyz February 5th, 2008 03:38 PM

I love that I got to enjoy all the time with Angel when she was little, and that I can enjoy that time with Alana as well WITHOUT it really affecting my time with Angel any, since she is in school during the day. And it is so much fun watching Angel with her little sister now!!

That does say it all!!! Thats exactly what my favorite thing is!! Well, plus it's a lot easier to have a older child and a younger child VS children who are ya know a year apart in age lol.

LovinMyGirls March 2nd, 2008 04:04 PM

Like everyone else said being able to focus on both of them and not have to give up attention with each one individually.

mommyreb March 6th, 2008 05:31 PM

I have to agree with what everyone has said already! I love that I got to spend time with just Mckenna and now that she is in school I have time for just Omar.
I have to say that when I had a month between her starting school and me having the baby and I got to relax I was thinking to myself, I could get used to this! Oh well, in another 5 years!

Mommy2n1 March 28th, 2008 12:09 PM

Each of mine got plenty of alone time with mommy. I loved that My first 2 were 4 years apart because Sean was the only baby for those 4 years, then when Traci came along Sean was old enough to really understand and enjoy having a baby sister. Traci was the baby for 7 years and then really loved going to the dr with me and watching as Keira developed. She loves to help out with Keira too. I think if I had a baby much sooner Traci would have had a harder time adjusting. It was just the right time for us!

tamw402004 May 23rd, 2008 05:08 PM

I think it is great!! My Kids were all spaced out pretty good! Plenty of time to enjoy the Babie stages with each of them...Really each stage..They have always been at different stages in their lives then the others! I like that!!

eco-baby August 16th, 2008 10:48 AM

Yup you all said it! I love that my girl is indipendant now, I got to spend alot of quality time with her and watch her grow up and now I get to spend alot of quality time with my son and still can spend time with my girl...there's no jealousy too (there was a bit at first but she's old enough that I can explain to her what's going on)...I'm really loving the age gap (8 years) I was nervous at first but I'm loving it now! Oh and she hangs with him while I do laundry and stuff which rocks!