JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Work at Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/)
-   -   Speak Write (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/2057110-speak-write.html)

SpazTaz July 29th, 2010 03:44 PM

Speak Write

If anyone has been wanting to get in with Speak Write they're hiring now. I just did my typing test and work history and am crossing my fingers I get approved as I've been waiting for them to be hiring for a good year now and so fingers crossed! I want to get on with them SO badly!

Misty_X July 30th, 2010 04:32 AM

Re: Speak Write

Good luck!! I hope that they snap you up! How much work will they have available for you, approximately? Would you be leaving your current post if they offer you a position?

SpazTaz July 30th, 2010 09:52 AM

I don't know haven't gotten that far and don't realy care so I haven't looked that far into it.

No I won't leave my current company. I've been there over 3 years now (just passed my anniversary) they're a stable company, typically have work they just don't pay enough.

iluvpooh August 2nd, 2010 11:51 AM

Hi there. I just read this post and I'm wondering if you heard back from them? I just applied and am hoping all goes well and I can start with them too.

SpazTaz August 2nd, 2010 12:01 PM

Yep. It's a process. You have to take the typing test first. If you pass the results are sent to them and I got a response within 24 hours, then you fill out your work history same thing it's sent to them for review I got a response in 24 hours. Then you sign the confidentiality paperwork and I got a response after that. Then you start the training and test taking which I haven't done yet becuase of the weekend. I started the process on Wednesdasy and by Friday I was able to start the training and testing (had I chosen to do it then). So for me it's gone fairly quickly but it's a step by step process.

future_adoption_mommy August 2nd, 2010 02:58 PM

What is Speak Write? it sounds good!

SpazTaz August 2nd, 2010 04:13 PM

It's a transcription company.

FallenFromHeaven August 3rd, 2010 07:25 PM

Is it medical transcription?

SpazTaz August 3rd, 2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenFromHeaven (Post 21078763)
Is it medical transcription?

No general and legal.

Misty_X August 9th, 2010 02:58 AM

Any more progress with Speak Write? How are things going for those of you who applied?

SpazTaz August 9th, 2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misty_X (Post 21131380)
Any more progress with Speak Write? How are things going for those of you who applied?

I'm in the reading the manual and then doing the testing phase. Really their manual is INSANE, I spent an hour reading it the other night and I'm still not done. I'm not sure I'm going to do it. Where it pays better than where I am right now you have to sign up for specific hourly shifts and then commit to those and to me that just kind of defeats the whole work at home around your schedule thing so I don't know. If I do it it'll only be a couple of hours a week for some extra cash I think.

ashleighgurl August 9th, 2010 11:16 AM

Good luck to those who are trying to get it! :)

mommy2Breana+Brandon August 10th, 2010 05:56 AM

Good Luck

that sounds cool I am applying as well