JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Work at Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/)
-   -   5 Great Networking Sources For Moms! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/2201842-5-great-networking-sources-for-moms.html)

NetworkingMama December 29th, 2010 07:46 PM

5 Great Networking Sources For Moms!

Hi Ladies!

As Work At Home Moms, we are always looking for great ways to network with other moms for business. Think you don’t have a powerful network to share your business with? Think again! Often times the most routine places are wonderful spots to develop relationships with people and potentially introduce your network marketing business. Notice what I wrote first, though – “develop relationships” – it’s important to take time to get to know people prior to introducing your business. Read on to find out some tops spots for you to network with other moms:

1) Birthday Parties. Particularly if you have pre-school aged children, birthday parties are a great place to meet and get to know other moms. Often times moms attend parties with their little ones up until a certain age, and therefore you have a great opportunity to chat with other moms. So make an effort to talk with the other moms in attendance and offer to get together for coffee sometime. You might end up with some new friends and some potential new leads for your business!

2) School Functions. Another great source for meeting other moms is any type of school function – bake sales, craft fairs, PTA meetings, concerts, plays…take advantage of these events to introduce yourself to other moms. You already have a built-in commonality in the fact that your children are involved in the same activities, so build on that and expand your social (and possible business) circle!

3) Extracurricular/Athletic Activities. Soccer, basketball, ice skating, t-ball, dance…if your children are involved in any of these activities, you’ve probably spent a lot of time watching them. So do other moms, so introduce yourself and start chatting. If nothing else, you’ll get to know the “fan” section and make some new friends!

4) The Gym. I have to chuckle a bit at this one…before my daughter was born I was a regular at the gym, but now I’m lucky if I get there once every few weeks! However, if you are a regular at a local gym, you probably participate in some type of group fitness class. Since you see the same people on a regular basis and already have something in common in working out, get to know your fellow classmates and get together outside the gym for coffee or lunch to chat.

5) Play groups. This one is an obvious, but important spot for networking. Play groups are a fantastic opportunity to build relationships with other moms that have children the same age. You already have so much in common, so swap some stories about your kids and build from there.

Again, keep in mind that it is most important to build relationships first and take a genuine interest in others before discussing your business. By first getting to know people, you will be able to judge whether or not they might be a potential fit for your business. And if they are not a fit its no loss – you’ve expanded your social circle with some great new friends!

To Your Success,

Kara Rosner
Helping Moms Work From Home