JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Work at Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/)
-   -   Direct sales - only source of income? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/2390751-direct-sales-only-source-income.html)

LilSunshine August 8th, 2011 11:26 AM

Direct sales - only source of income?

For those who do direct sales, is it your primary source of income or do you also work outside of the home?

Brandy Luing November 6th, 2011 07:19 PM

Re: Direct sales - only source of income?

I work from home and it's the only thing I do ! I love what I do and can't wait to share with everyone what I do becuase it has changed my life

LilSunshine November 27th, 2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandy Luing (Post 25146574)
I work from home and it's the only thing I do ! I love what I do and can't wait to share with everyone what I do becuase it has changed my life

That's great that it is working for you! I've tossed around the idea of doing direct sales as my fulltime income, but I'm not quite ready to make that leap yet.

Healthy Canuck November 28th, 2011 09:22 PM

Currently part time income only. The kids take the rest of my time!

Brandy Luing December 16th, 2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilSunshine (Post 25246309)
That's great that it is working for you! I've tossed around the idea of doing direct sales as my fulltime income, but I'm not quite ready to make that leap yet.

Part-time is what I started at honey you start there and work your way up

mommy2Breana+Brandon December 29th, 2011 06:07 AM

Part Time and I mean literally part time. I started to sell Thirty One in July and I don't have sales every month.

I have a hard time getting sales actually.

Lady~Drama April 24th, 2012 08:39 AM

I started out in Feb with Party Gals and I want it to be my fulltime Income but it's a little difficult to dedicated the amount to time needed to get it off the ground. I have 2 parties this weekend and I'm hoping for great sales. @Brandy Luing, what do you do exactly? I've worked as a call agent from home before and it didn't last long. But I am interested in WAH work maybe overnight while the girls sleep

ungratefulbiped May 14th, 2012 09:02 AM

I think with any MLM, you have to give it a year and then take a look and see if you are enjoying it and if you've grown at all. It takes time, but it can be so worth it, especially when you ahve very small ones and get to do the school runs. :wub:

littlemissmegan May 18th, 2012 01:03 PM

I do direct sales and blogging full time from home. I'm with Visalus and my blogs are health/weight loss related. I've made more money in my two months with Visalus than I did in my last network marketing company in a year!

SimplyLisa October 21st, 2012 12:01 PM

I work from home part time - full time with Tastefully Simple. I am a Team Manager and have a good sized team from all over the US that also provides me with additional income. It is a great opportunity. I love the freedom and the opportunity to be home with my kids while making great money.

LindensMommy October 23rd, 2012 10:29 PM

It's my only income too! :) I replaced my FT job income so that I could stay at home with my kids

Missy9019 February 2nd, 2013 04:01 PM

I have a FT job working 4 10 hour shifts at night (doing IT) and I stay home w/kids during the day... Just started selling customizable lockets from Origami Owl ~ Origami Owl
I'm hoping that within the next year I am making enough to quit my FT job and switch to FT direct sales. Right now I've only been doing it a month and love it. I will update in about 6 months =)

Pattrick February 15th, 2013 02:32 AM

Hi, well online marketing is quite good but only need is to know the best marketing tips & Traffic Generating Strategies.

mmortimer February 16th, 2013 10:40 PM

I started last year doing online marketing as PT job. It's a lot to learn when you start from the beginning. No Sales this month or last month. :( If all goes well I can give up my FT job and make direct online sales as a FT job.

jenn2350 March 4th, 2013 04:30 PM

I work full time outside of the home and joined with Origami Owl back in October of last year.

It has been great, but I think with any direct sales business it takes time to build a customer base and get your name out there unless you are starting with a huge network already. I've never done direct sales of any kind before so this is a learning experience for me, but so far I've had success with it and LOVE it!

KymberlyMcD March 9th, 2013 06:09 PM

I became a stay at home mom in April of last year and started doing direct sales in July. It was an extra income for a few months then my husband lost his job so it was our only source of income for about 4 months, granted it wasn't terrific but it did help keep us afloat. It's now back to being an extra source of income. My goal is for it to eventually be our main source! :smile:

kcmommy2be March 9th, 2013 09:23 PM

I have been doing Direct sales for 6 months now. I don't do too bad, I'm just starting, but I can definitely see how it COULD make a full-time income soon. I think the best thing about direct sales is the friends you meet along the way. I have made some very awesome life-long friends already through my company :)

Karen P. July 10th, 2013 11:00 AM

I work direct sales part time and also work full time from home. I will be transitioning into my direct sales FT before too long.

Richadam July 30th, 2014 08:49 PM

:rolleyes: