JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Work at Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/)
-   -   how many of you work from home? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/2522390-how-many-you-work-home.html)

mummyof42b May 3rd, 2012 08:56 AM

how many of you work from home?

how do you start a business from home? i am due a baby in a few weeks and am a single mum of 3 already and want to work, but dont want to leave my baby, thanks

SpazTaz May 4th, 2012 09:38 AM

Re: how many of you work from home?

You don't have to start a business. You can be a customer service rep from home or a transcriptionist from home, neither of which require you start a business. Check out Work at Home Jobs: Free Legitimate Work From Home Job Opportunities and they have tons of WAH job leads. I've been working from home for 5 years and do not own my own business. I work at home as a transcriptionist. www.alpineaccess.com offers customer service rep positions from home as do many others.

Good luck.

dana67 May 5th, 2012 10:57 PM

I've been making money from home now for over 6 years.

littlemissmegan May 18th, 2012 01:05 PM

It really depends on what you are passionate about. With my company, Visalus, I started as an independent rep for them and they set up everything for me, my websites and sent me all my training materials. What is your passion?

KerryJo June 4th, 2012 05:48 AM

There are also scheduling/recruitment jobs that will allow you to work remotely. That is what I do and my work sent me out a laptop to work off of and they reimburse me for my phone and internet.

Kerry

MiliPonce June 20th, 2012 06:41 AM

I do it

JeanZ July 15th, 2012 09:34 PM

Me!!! :) what type of work are you looking for? Are you looking for short or long term? What are your goals?

If your interested in learning more of what I do, feel free to email me @ workwitheanz@gmail.com and I'll be glad to help you. I'm a stay at home mommy of 2 so I definitely understand where your coming from :)

Jeannie Zavala

ungratefulbiped July 23rd, 2012 04:14 AM

I was working a horrible job outside the home, but quit in December. I do Scentsy from home now and stay home with my 3 and 4 year old boys. This is my first school holiday though, help! :)

ungratefulbiped July 23rd, 2012 05:17 AM

To answer your question, though, there are some good answers there. It's also worth checking out the DSA- Direct Sales Association for legit MLM type companies if that's your thing. xx good luck!

Courtney_Z July 25th, 2012 08:20 AM

I've been working from home for 7 years for one company. It is a work at home medical answering service, great company. Not sure if I can post their information but they are hiring right now...

SpazTaz July 25th, 2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney_Z (Post 26315264)
I've been working from home for 7 years for one company. It is a work at home medical answering service, great company. Not sure if I can post their information but they are hiring right now...

You can I believe as long as you aren't "recruiting" people. If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me the info? I need something else WAH part-time.

Thanks!

Courtney_Z July 27th, 2012 01:05 PM

Its a work at home answering service. Website is Physician's First Messages.com Pay is $8 an hour and your an employee. I know they are hiring for 20 hours a week - 40 hours a week. employment@call-serve.com is the email to send your resume! I hope this is okay I dont want to get into trouble for posting :)

SpazTaz July 27th, 2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney_Z (Post 26326833)
Its a work at home answering service. Website is Physician's First Messages.com Pay is $8 an hour and your an employee. I know they are hiring for 20 hours a week - 40 hours a week. employment@call-serve.com is the email to send your resume! I hope this is okay I dont want to get into trouble for posting :)

Thank you! I just sent them my resume, so will hope I hear back from them.

Have a great weekend!

sassymomonthego September 15th, 2012 07:51 AM

I've been on oDesk for over a year now, so far I am earning a good income. I do virtual assistance and web research.

KathleenTanner October 3rd, 2012 11:13 PM

Not all work-from-home jobs are scams, but you'll need to thoroughly research the subject before signing up at a WFH portal. Try careers like medical transcriptioning or medical billing and coding. You may need vocational training for it, like the short Career Step medical billing and coding course offered online.

cate2584 October 11th, 2012 10:04 AM

Please watch out for scams when you are looking into working at home. I joined Scentsy and I am enjoying it very much. Good Luck

Eowyn October 11th, 2012 10:06 AM

Art is my passion and I paint at home and sell as much as I can.
the extra money coming in from time to time helps but it's nothing I could live on.
I'd be a starving artist if it weren't for DH working.

LindensMommy October 18th, 2012 11:05 AM

I used to work out of home at a medical office full time and started selling It Works and replaced my income. I also do advertising for another company from home part time which has brought in money as well! :) I have 2 little ones, so I just have a good time management schedule :)

lovememar October 22nd, 2012 11:54 PM

I am also working in odesk for over 6 months already, and it help a lot to work at home... I can be with my family specially with my kid.. I no longer feel the guilt every time i leave the house to work.

SJane November 10th, 2012 09:51 AM

I do, too! Been working at home for 6 months now. ;)