JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Work at Home Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/)
-   -   For you WAHM what do you do? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f42-work-home-mommies/2555369-for-you-wahm-what-do-you-do.html)

temmons0703 July 30th, 2012 01:00 PM

For you WAHM what do you do?

Right now I work at cashland and I am wanting to find a job that I can do working from home that still has benefits like medical, vision, dental etc. My husband and I are about to start ttc and I would really like to become a WAHM before we actually end up pregnant so that way I can stay at home with the baby for a little while and then maybe after that child turns 2 then maybe start going back out into the work force but right now I am really looking to working at home. Any suggestions? Do any of you work at home through a company like this, with the added benefits?

SpazTaz August 4th, 2012 06:00 PM

Re: For you WAHM what do you do?

Good luck finding a WAHM position that offers benefits. Your best bet would be to find a local job in your area and see if the company would allow you to work at home a few days a week. But most 100% WAH positions are either businesses that you do yourself (such as Avon, Mary Kay, among others), or independent contractor positions which do not give benefits. Does your husband's job not offer benefits? Or could you look into the cost of individual policies? At one point we had one for $190 per month and it covered all 3 of us and included prescriptions.

Personally I'm a transcriptionist. No benefits. There is Alpine Access which is a WAH customer service opportunity and you are an employee with them and they do offer benefits, however they can be difficult to get on with and their pay rate is $9 per hour.

I'd recommend checking out Work at Home Jobs: Free Legitimate Work From Home Job Opportunities as they are all legit work at home jobs. good luck.

sassymomonthego September 15th, 2012 07:48 AM

I agree with the first commentor, it would be difficult finding work at home with benefits. The best you can do is to find a company that allows work at home, like CRS , but then you'd be luck to find one. I work an online job as virtual assistant and web researcher, I have paying clients but none offer benefits, just a little bonus here and there.

SimplyLisa October 21st, 2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temmons0703 (Post 26337067)
Right now I work at cashland and I am wanting to find a job that I can do working from home that still has benefits like medical, vision, dental etc. My husband and I are about to start ttc and I would really like to become a WAHM before we actually end up pregnant so that way I can stay at home with the baby for a little while and then maybe after that child turns 2 then maybe start going back out into the work force but right now I am really looking to working at home. Any suggestions? Do any of you work at home through a company like this, with the added benefits?

I am a Team Manager with Tastefully Simple. I do a lot of work online and work out of the home about 2-4 hours a week. We offer gourmet style food that is easy to prepare with two ingredients or less. I help people with meal ideas and introduce them through product tastings. We do offer health benefits to consultants. I don't know the full details but I can get the info for you. Through my line of work I am able to bring in between $1,000 and $2,000 a month while being a SAHM. There are companies out there that are wonderful and can change your life :)