JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Working Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f73-working-mommies/)
-   -   I'm tired! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f73-working-mommies/2443578-im-tired.html)

Kody November 4th, 2011 11:06 AM

I'm tired!

With four kids, two jobs, and no SO to help me provide and care for the children, I am always on the go. I never stop and I'm getting tired. Because of the way my jobs are scheduled, I work for two weeks straight and then get one weekend off...so that's two weekends off a month. The rest of the time I work at the daycare or hospital and raise my babies. I don't get home from work M-F until 7:30pm. I do get enough sleep, but am feeling drained pretty much all the time. I don't know how to combate this. My ex husband only takes the children for two days out of the entire month, so they are always with me to, which is fine by me, but it limits any "me" time totally. I need to find a way to rejuvinate myself....I just don't know how to do it with my schedule and responsibilities.

shockandawe November 4th, 2011 12:41 PM

Re: I'm tired!

It's great that you have a good support system in place. Is there any way to line up your ex'es time with the kids with one of your days off?

Jule'sMomInOR November 4th, 2011 01:11 PM

With the new job you applied for, will you be working fewer hours? Since your mom won't be watching the kids so much, maybe she'll be willing to watch them extra hours in the evenings or weekends so you can relax?

sfarrow3 November 4th, 2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule'sMomInOR (Post 25137201)
With the new job you applied for, will you be working fewer hours? Since your mom won't be watching the kids so much, maybe she'll be willing to watch them extra hours in the evenings or weekends so you can relax?

I was wondering this too? :dothug::dothug::dothug:

lovemyboysandabbey2 November 6th, 2011 11:47 AM

(((hugs))) I know how hard it can be, I have 4 kids and work full time, I am married but DH works nights so I am alone at night to tend to all the kids and get everything ready for the next day and most nights I don't even have time to eat.

Brandy Luing November 6th, 2011 07:58 PM

I totally understand honey I am a mom to five and I work from home now becuase when I was working in the corp world I never splet and never got a free time to myself... I love what I do and I have been doing it for 4 1/2 years now

mommy2Breana+Brandon November 7th, 2011 04:04 PM

:dothug:

I don't see where she applied to a new job?? But I am hoping that you can find something that will help you out.

I would ask your parent sif maybe they can watch the kids for a little bit and you can get a massage or something for your self.

Kody November 10th, 2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfarrow3 (Post 25137551)
I was wondering this too? :dothug::dothug::dothug:

I will be working more hours. 40hrs a week and then every-other-weekend at the hospital. However, if I get the job I will go in at different times depending on if I am opening or closing the center...so I may go in at 6:30 and leave by 3:30pm or go in at 9:30 and leave by 6:30. My mom would definetly have the younger two children less because I will be taking them with me everyday. She may still have my older two, but they are 9 and 6 and a little less work for her. I hate to ask her for help because she has become my support after the divorce and I don't feel like she should have to do all that she does...she is basically their other parent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shockandawe (Post 25136984)
It's great that you have a good support system in place. Is there any way to line up your ex'es time with the kids with one of your days off?

No. My ex moved to KY before we even got divorced. He only comes and takes them one night a month. I have offered the children to him MULTIPLE times by email and he never ever takes them. Granted he lives 8hrs away, but they are his children and it would be nice if he made the time to come down to visit with them more. But he doesn't. That's why I have had to rely on my mom so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2Breana+Brandon (Post 25151839)
:dothug:

I don't see where she applied to a new job??

:smile: I did apply for a new job. I actually just completed my fourth interview with Creme de la Creme for their Director of Administration position. I was up there today for the last of the four interviews and just left. I am actually really praying I get this position because it will put me on Salary instead of hourly, give me benefits, a nice pay increase, and free childcare. The downside is more working hours than I have now...but with four kids to support, virtually on my own, I need this job.