JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Working Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f73-working-mommies/)
-   -   How long did you take? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f73-working-mommies/2471184-how-long-did-you-take.html)

mommy2Breana+Brandon January 5th, 2012 08:00 AM

How long did you take?

For maternity Leave?

were you ready to go back?

shockandawe January 5th, 2012 10:26 AM

Re: How long did you take?

I took a year. Yes and no. I still wish I could be a full time sahm, but I have the best of both worlds, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

-erin- January 5th, 2012 11:02 AM

12 weeks on FMLA, but since she was late it bumped up against a previously planned vacation so I went back to work when she was 13 weeks old.

Jule'sMomInOR January 5th, 2012 11:31 AM

11 weeks and no. If I ever do it again I'll take the 12 weeks FMLA and then use my vacation to either extend the leave or to come back 3-4 days per week until the vacation runs out. For me personally, I think the idea would be about 4 months completely off and then to come back part-time until about the year mark.

Jennhowru January 5th, 2012 11:48 AM

I went back to work when Austin was 7 months old. Aubrey was 3 months. The job I had at the time didn't have maternity leave so it was all unpaid. I was definitely ready to be back to work.

hkystar January 5th, 2012 11:55 AM

I took the full 12 weeks but she was late, so it was 1 week pre-birth and 11 weeks post delivery. I was paid for some of it.

Yes/No. I was ready for adult conversation again but about a week after going back I realize I would quit in a moment to stay home with her! I dont have the same job satisifaction since coming back.

kerian January 6th, 2012 12:11 PM

4 months. 1 month beofre and 3 after. and i was ready. i was bored at that stage.

-erin- January 6th, 2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkystar (Post 25424893)

Yes/No. I was ready for adult conversation again but about a week after going back I realize I would quit in a moment to stay home with her! I dont have the same job satisifaction since coming back.

I forgot to answer the second part, but pretty much exactly that. By the end I was a little restless at home and ready to go back. Then when I got back I realized I would much rather be at home.

mommy2Breana+Brandon January 6th, 2012 06:37 PM

With Breana I took only 6 weeks old, went back to work when she was 7 weeks old.

Xander I had a total of 10 weeks off 4 of those were when I was on bed rest before he was born.

I wish I could have taken longer off but could not afford it at the time.

I was ready to get back into a routine but not ready to leave them.

booksy January 6th, 2012 09:17 PM

Hi - Just popping in for the first time! I had 4 months, a generous work program. That felt like the right amount of time, though I was sad to go back anyway. It took a long time to adjust back to work, I started a new role when I went back and was pretty unhappy for a long time. Now though I feel like it's the best of both worlds as Becky said, and I'm able to be a better mom because I work outside the home too.

lrowe70 January 15th, 2012 12:45 AM

Left work in May, he was born in July and I went back 2 weeks ago(January).
Glad I did it, would do it again, but also glad to be back at work.

kristen121 January 16th, 2012 09:25 PM

With my first, I went back after 6 weeks. I wasn't ready, but my leave was unpaid and we needed the money.

This time i am taking 8 weeks. I go back next week. I am ready to go back, I am going a little stir crazy being in the house with 2 kids all day.

Kody January 19th, 2012 11:42 AM

With my first two I was a SAHM so I didn't have to go back to work. With my 3rd I was in college and went back after 2wks. But it wasn't a fulltime schedule, just a few hours three days a week. With my 4th I had to find a job 1 month after she was born because my ex husband and I were divorcing and I was a SAHM prior to us splitting up...so I was forced to find work.

nurselochia January 27th, 2012 09:16 AM

I was off for 7 weeks with my 1st, 10 weeks with my 2nd and then 11 weeks after 3 & 4. Part of me was ready to go back, but part of me really wanted to just stay home with them.