JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Working Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f73-working-mommies/)
-   -   What Do You Do? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f73-working-mommies/2698876-what-do-you-do.html)

rachelc0 December 18th, 2013 10:08 AM

What Do You Do?

for a job? how long have you been working with that specific company/entity? how long have you been doing the job in general? do you like it? are you full time, part time or seasonal? do you like the people you work with?

i work for an insurance company, in their agency. so i work one-on-one with selling insurance to customers, primarily auto, home, life, and misc insurance (like ATVs, snowmobiles, etc). i also work with the claims that come through, making sure there is constant contact between our claims center and our insured.i dapple with billing, mostly calling people looking for money. and i run 95% of the office programs and campaigns out of here. when we do a life insurance campaign, i compile the lists, the mailings, and do all the follow up calling. my official title is a Licensed Agent Assistant for the [bossman's name] Agency of [insurance name]. so i am licensed to do everything the agent can do, and i usually end up doing everything the agent doesn't want to do :)

ive been here for almost three years, and i love it. i never thought i would be so passionate about insurance, but i really am. there are two other people that work in this office, bossman, and his wife (who only works mornings). and they are like my parents in here (because i'm only 24, and they're both in their 50's). they are very religious people, so when it comes to me having to take a day off because i have a sick kid, bossman has absolutely no problems with that. in fact tomorrow kale's preschool is having a christmas program and he is perfectly fine with me going.

seeannarun December 21st, 2013 09:30 AM

Re: What Do You Do?

I worked in insurance for a few years. I hated it, lol!

I'm currently working parttime in an educational supply store. I started in the spring of this year & I love it! It's honestly one of the best jobs I've ever had. I work Tues-Fri from 11-2, so it's only when my kids are in school. :) During the summer my kids stay at my parents house but my hours don't change.

i:heart:you February 27th, 2014 12:34 PM

I am a Property Manager, I have 8 employees and 248 units to look after. I really enjoy it, even though it is stressful at times.

lea23 February 28th, 2014 10:51 AM

I am an administrative resident in a hospital (non-clinical, I am not a doctor). I have been with this organization for 7 months and hope to get hired on after the residency. I have been doing this work form 7 months, I recently graduated from my graduate program. I love it and I work full time. In general I enjoy working with the people that I work with.

ladytack March 9th, 2014 08:03 PM

I'm a nurse. Worked in hospice for the last three years but just transitioned in to a nurse liaison role. Loved hospice but hated going out on call after hours. This new position is much better for my family.