A s’more and a macaroon walk into a bar… Have you heard this one already? No? Good. Ok, so a s’more and a macaroon walk into a bar. Nine months later, this amazing bar cookie entered the world. I may not have a career as a comic, but I can bake some mean cookies! Why do I call them Love Child cookies? Because, if a s’more and a macaroon could have a love child, this would be it.
Love Child bar cookies
- 2 packages graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 12oz package chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan (if you have a bar cookie pan, use it. If not, anything about this size works great).
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into pan. Bake 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients. When the crust comes out of the oven, spread the coconut mixture over the crust.
4. Bake again for 10-12 minutes or until top is golden brown.
5. Cool and cut into squares.