This stuff makes a wonderful, healthy, protein packed side dish, or a super filling vegan entree. Dig in and enjoy. Oh, and extra points, its way easy to make!
2 tbsp oil or margarine (or butter if you’re not going for vegan)
1 large broccoli crown
1 cup quinoa
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock or broth
And some of your favorite herbs and spices
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop up your veggies. I chose to use the food processor, because I was feeling lazy and wanted everything chopped tiny. Do whatever works for you.
3. Sauté veggies and herbs/spices in oil over medium high heat until veggies are mostly cooked.
4. Add quinoa to the pan and sauté another minute or two. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
5. If your sauté pan is big enough and oven safe, cover it and pop it in the oven. Otherwise, pour everything into a casserole dish (my 9×9 was fine), cover and bake. It will take 25-30 minutes to bake. If you’re not vegan, you could remove the cover at the end and top it with some cheese. Toss it back in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.