View Single Post
May 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM
fiefer87's Avatar
fiefer87 fiefer87 is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,336
It definately sounds like your dd needs a feeding disorders clinic. They deal with all of the pediatric feeding disorders, and how to get the child eating appropriately.

In regards to the feeding clinics, my dd is scheduled to go for intensive day treatment for a feeding disorder this july. We are ging to the one at the Hershey Medical Center in PA, its a 6 hour drive for us and we will be there for at least 4 weeks as there are no good reputable ones near us. We started as out patient, made 3 separate trips and came home with feeding programs, when we reached a plateau, we called back, made another appt, then went in. For most insurance (my insurance is covering her intensive day treatment) the child has to fail out patient before they will cover any sort of intensive day treatment or inpatient treatment. The clinic we go to has over a 90% success rate for the kids they see in their intensive program. Also, do a lot of research online. I had talked to my dd's ped, endo, OT's PT's, and what not, and they didn't really know. So I did a lot of googling, called the various programs, and spoke to the directors before deciding anything. I used the key words pediatric feeding disorder clinic or just pediatric feeding clinic. HTH and if you have any questions please feel free to pm me.
<div align="center">Thanks Alison's Mommy, SillyMama, Katarina and samylaine for my blinkies.</div>
Reply With Quote