View Single Post
June 2nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar
keekopeeko keekopeeko is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: virginia
Posts: 7,949
I still am hesitating to post this, as if it will jinx my pregnancy... But i really wanted to share this, and hopefully encourage someone out there.

Here's my story.

I got married in july 04 - We started trying to get pregnant that next May- a couple months went by and we were on our anniversary trip to the pocinoes (sp?) .. the last day we were there my period was supposed to start, and it didnt, so i took a pregnancy test... and i had a FAINT line .. so faint i didnt think it counted for anything and just wanted my AF to show up... Needless to say it didnt, and we were pregnant with layla! I had some freak out moments with her... where i thought for SURE i was going to lose her. But she arrived 8 days late perfectly healthy!

When she turned one we started trying again... and it took about 4 months to conceive... i was SO excited when i found out i was pregnant.. I had a "feeling" that i was, so i took the test a day early.. and had my DD carry the test out to my husband when he came home from work.. We were excited to be due with our second May 11th (mothers day) of 08. We got to see and hear the little heart beat pumping away! and thats when we fell in love.... When i was about 10 1/2 weeks i started to spot... and it didnt stop... in got continuelly worse over the next few days.. On monday morning i went into the OBG and they told me they couldnt find a heart beat and that my baby was gone. I was completely devistated. The next day was the hardest day of my entire life to have to get through. I knew i was carrying my child still... but that it was gone.. That same afternoon i started getting bad cramps... and knew it was going to end. After about an hour of constant contraction like pain I miscarried our baby E on Oct 23rd 07. I was 11w 2d. And even thought its been over 7 months since that day, it still feels like yesterday once in a while.

We started TTC again after my first AF came. I was determined! we used OPKs.. fertility charting... and timed everything as perfectly as i could.. but even still it took a few months.. and i was broken hearted everytime AF showed up. We conceived again only a few months later.. And fittingly our due date was Oct 18th. I was really really really scared.. There are no words to describe how terrifying a pregnancy after a miscarriage is. How emotionally draining it is. How saddening it is... But how very very hopefilled it is.

I went through some bleeding scares in the first trimester. I was on light duty and pelvic rest most of those first 3 months. Then things started to calm down.. and go smoothly.. Mothers day ( my previouse due date ) came and went... And then we had our "BIG" ultra sound... which i was scared was going to bring news of something not quite right.. But it didnt! and things look perfect! So now i am here, 20 weeks pregnant and calling this a success story, but even still, scared to do so because its not over til its over. I cannot wait to come back here and add pictures in october!

Thanks for reading.. and i hope this offers some encouragement... It is possible and it will happen for you! keep your chin up and keep on trying!



Eva Marie’s Birth Story 10/18/08

5am on Saturday morning of october 18th 2008 I was woken from a dream in which I was having a contration in, to a real contraction. So began the day of week 40 for me. I was due on the 18th, but not expecting to give birth on the 18th. I was fully expecting to go late, as I did with Layla.

I continued to wake up from time to time with a contraction or some cramps. Around 8am Layla woke up and my husband and I got up with her. I continued to have a few contractions now and then, and feeling crampy as well. I figured maybe something was getting going, but didn’t even tell my husband because I was that unsure about it.

We went to the Vets office that morning. While is the waiting room I didn’t feel any contractions and figured they had gone away. When we got home I showered and was getting ready to go to the grocery store. While I was in the bedroom getting dressed Matt and Layla both came into the bedroom and started talking to my belly and saying “its your due date today! We want to meet you” and “I love you baby”. They then left the room and not even a minute later I had a contraction that was kind of uncomfortable, and with it, my mucus plug started to come out and bloody show! I then knew something was definitely getting going! I told Matt, “I think we’re going to have a baby with in a couple days!”

We decided to go ahead and go to the grocery store. While at the store I was having contractions that were anywhere from 7-15 minutes apart. They didn’t hurt much at all either. We got home around 1:15. We had a church picnic that was at 2 that we were planning on going to. Around 1:45 I had another some what uncomfortable contraction and a lot more of my mucus plug came out. After that the contractions started coming much more regularly. Around 7 min apart and sorta painful. By 3 they were a steady 5 minutes apart. I called my mom at 3:30 and told her and family to come on. By the time they got to our house at 4pm my contractions were about 4 minutes apart and lasting a good 1-2 minutes. I was still doing ok with the pain. I was still thinking it would be a few hours before we went to the hospital. But by 4:30 the contractions were 3-4 minutes apart and getting painful. Matt started asking me “soooo when should we leave?” and I was like “I don’t know…shuttup im having a contraction!”

By 5pm I started feeling sick, and knew that I needed to get to the hospital. We left and got to the hospital a little after 5. They checked me as soon as I got there and I was at a TWO and 80% effaced. I was so sure that I was more than a two! So I was kinda discouraged. They then had me walk for about 20 minutes, I felt like a zombie in between contractions, very strange! After about 20 min of walking I thought my water broke or ruptured, so they checked me again. I was at a 3. They then called the midwife, and I layed down in bed again. When the midwife got there.. which wasn’t much later, she checked me and I was at 4-5. We waited a bit. I had much more pain at this point. Around 7:45ish she checked me again and I was at a 6. They then started bothering me about going to the bathroom. Which I had to go! But there was no way I was getting out of bed at that point. Nor was I going to use a bedpan! I told them to cathetorize (sp?) me. They laughed and said I was the only person to ask for that, and I said, I am not joking! Chathetorize me! So they did! And after that things moved very quickly! I don’t know what time it was but it was after 8 I started feeling like I had to push during contractions and feeling that pressure even in between contractions. I finally asked when they were going to check me again because everyone was telling me to breath through the need to push and I was like “I gotta push!!” They checked me and I was “ready to go”

The pushing then proceeded. I pushed through about 4 contractions. On the 4th one the babies head came out and I had to breath so that they could clear the babies mouth of meconeum. Then they told me I could push again and with about 3 tiny pushes the rest of the baby was out. My husband looked at the baby for a couple of seconds that felt like forever and then announced to me that “it’s a girl!” and they layed her on my chest while they cleaned her up. And it was a wonderful moment.

I guess it was from 5am – 8:26pm. But the painful, time able, contractions didn’t start until 2. And from the time I got to the hospital and actually had her it was less than 3 ½ hours. Over all it was a wonderful, and very surreal experience. I never would have thought it would actually go that quickly, I only hoped. It was everything I had prayed for and wanted with this labor. It couldn’t have gone better.

Thanks for reading this long tale!

Eva Marie 10/18/08 8:26pm 6lbs 11 oz (exact same as her sister!) 19 ¾ inches.

~Em, Married to Matt since 7/3/04. Mommy to Layla 3/29/06, Eva 10/18/08, Zeke 2/4/11, and Jonah 7/28/13

Reply With Quote