View Single Post
February 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Tracy Tracy is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5
Originally posted by Tracy+Feb 24 2005, 01:21 PM-->
@Feb 24 2005, 12:51 PM
(hugs)I too am going through this. My chances where 1/220 and after an unsucessful 3-D u/s (they couldnt get good pictures of everything baby was on tummy)I had the amnio.They gave me a 50% chance of Downs so I did have amnio.The specialist aka high risk ob does upwards of 100 a month so I felt comfortable having it.U/s only detects 60% of Downs cases where as amnio rules it out at 99.5%.I get my results Monday 2/28.

On an up note with dd#3 had a positive AFP for Trisomony 18 & she is a healthy child no sign of a birth defect. The chances where 1/120 with her.I had amnio with her also.

I total understand your fear of amnio & think it is a personal decision.I would worry more not knowing & feel that would harm the baby more than the amnio.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thank you for your reply. About 10% of me wants to have the amnio so I will know for sure. But I have had a rough pregnancy with cramping and several colds this winter so I thought the amnio might not be such a good idea. I will probably talk it over with my OB and see what she says. Thank you for the encouraging stary about your daughter. Most people I know have an AFP horror story that ends well. I keep praying that mine will end the same. I hope the best for you and your baby as well. I would love to know the outcome of your amnio if you are comfortable sharing. Thanks Again!!
Reply With Quote