View Single Post
September 3rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
Veteran
So the bio mom is moving an hour away with DSD. She has already enrolled her in school there but they are not moving for 2 weeks. They have to leave their house by 6:15 a.m. to get DSD to school on time and then she stays with someone until about 6 p.m. When I picked DSD up last Friday, bio mom asked me if I could pick DSD up from school on Thurs, take her Friday morning (which means I leave the house at 6:15) and pick her up Friday. This is our weekend and we are supposed to get her at 5:00 on Friday. I told her that I would have to think about because I have to pick DS up from school everyday. When we got in the car DSD asked "Mom would you please pick me up and take me to school the days that my other mom asked you about...........PPPPPLLLLEEEEAAAAAAAASSSEEE" How do I say no to that? So I called bio mom and told her that I would do it.........

ready for her response.....

"Thank God, I am so tired of getting up so early. I really need a break from taking her to school and picking her up"

OMG!!!!!!!! I thought that she had to work or something. I have no doubt that she had DSD beg me so that she can sleep in Friday. So I have to leave her with the sitter on Thursday until I can get there. DS goes to school 30 mins the other direction! DH is going to pick him up on Friday and I am going to spend the entire day in the town that she goes to school in to save on gas money.

I am so glad that we are getting the extra time with DSD but we went through 5 years of her (ex) using us and abusing the fact that we would do anything to have DSD. I am not going through that ever again.

***UPDATE***

So my DSD called me last night around 9 p.m. She has to get up at 5:30 to get ready for school WTH was she doing awake and out of bed? Anyways, she calls to tell me that tomorrow (today now) is Open House at her school. She said that her mom told her that none of us would be able to go because she forgot all about it and it was too short of notice. DSD was so upset because she had made special pictures and things to show her parents. She told me that it was at 5:00 p.m. and she would understand if we couldn't stay that long after I picked her up from school. I could literally hear her heartbreaking through the phone.

I told her "Sweetheart, your dad and I would not miss your open house for the world. I will let daddy know that he needs to take off work early and he will ride with me to pick you up from school and we will look at everything you made"

The then gets on the phone and says "If you guys can't make it then it is no big deal." No big deal *** is she thinking? I told her that we would definitely be going. She said "Well I guess I could try and stop by there for a minute" I told her not to worry about it and that I would take my camera and let DSD take pictures of everything that she made and we would email them to her as soon as we got home. We have dealt with her stopping by things that she really doesn't want to be at and she is a total hag so DSD would be much happier if she just didn't show up. KWIM? She said "Oh that would be great. Thank you so much"

This was the first time in a while that I wanted to say "Why don't you just let her live here. We have so much more time for things like this" but now is not the time. I am waiting until she is at the point again to let her come here. We have been through all of this so many times in the last 5 years.

How can a mother be so selfish. She is going to be in the same town where her daughter goes to school but I am having to drive an hour to pick her up and she can't even take the time to see her daughter's special stuff. I am so angry and hurt for DSD