View Single Post
September 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar
blondie-lox blondie-lox is offline
Do NOT feed the Troll
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 16,621
I had a scheduled C-Section for 8am on August 21st (one week before my due date) because of placenta previa. The night before I tried to get a good night sleep and I literally was up all night from nerves. I was petrified. Finally gave up at 5:30am to get ready to be at the hospital for 7am.

I arrived at the hospital at 7am with DH and waited for my mom to arrive. She was going to wait during the surgery. I went up to L&D and they were waiting for me, which really sent my nerves over the edge.

I walked into the recovery room to be prepped for surgery. The nurse put in the IV first which was horrible because she had to adjust it repeatedly and blood was everywhere. Next they put the catheter in which also sucked because they did this before I had the spinal.

Next I had to walk across the hall into the Operating Room without DH, I was so nervous I was shaking. I sat on the Operating table and the anesthetist came in and explained the procedure for the spinal. I got the spinal next, which was no big deal. It took effect immediately and I laid down. The nurses immediately started to put all the sheets up. I could still move my toes and feel things so I was freaking out to the anesthetist that I was going to be able to feel the surgery, like I could with my first C-Section. The anesthetist told me that everything was going to be fine and to trust her.

The doctors came in and were talking to me, and next DH came in, I asked when they were going to start, and the doctor told me that she had already started. LOL. I had NO idea! This is where I calmed down. About 20 minutes later the doctor told me that she was going to pull the baby out any minute and that I might feel pressure, I felt barely anything, nothing like my first experience.

Then I heard cries, I asked if he was out, my doctor said that just his head was out, then next I heard all the nurses and the doctors saying that he was huge. I was hearing my baby cry too.

Lincoln Fox was pulled out completely at 8:31am, and was immediately taken over to the warmer to be checked. He was doing wonderful. They weighed and measured him next, he weighed 10lbs12oz, and 22.75inches long. He had dark thin hair and dark blue eyes and was very alert.

DH held him and brought him over to me, while I was being stitched up. 30 minutes later I was being taken into recovery, where I spent an hour and nursed and held my little Lincoln Fox for the first time. I love him to death! hehe!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
Reply With Quote