View Single Post
October 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
QueSeraSara QueSeraSara is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,459
In TX a father has the right to see his child(ren), whether he pays his child support or not. To with-hold visitation, mom would be in trouble with police. I hope things aren't the same where you live. I would call the police (non emergency) and find out whether you can withhold visitation because you have no idea where he lives, or where he takes her. My DH's ex only was able to withhold visitation from her previous ex after accusing him of molesting their daughter and having an investigation begun. He had never paid his child support and was a horrible father. But she had no right to withhold visitation from him. As we have been told, there was even an arrest warrant out for him due to the child support, but he still got his visitation. He just never left his house and had his wife pick up the kids. I don't know how accurate that is, but that was what I was told.

Be very careful withholding visitation. As her father, he does have rights to her unless he signed his rights away or if he is under a court ruling that says otherwise.

I'm not saying it is right. I'm just saying to get something in writing in regards to you being allowed to withhold visitation. I would hate to have this used against you.

Sorry. i think I was confusing you with azure a little bit (with the whole not knowing his address thing). I still stick by my advice tho. Get something in writing that says you can withhold his visitation.

Reply With Quote