View Single Post
February 9th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Although it is a scary possibility pre-term labor is a possbility. If you honestly believe your water has broken (or even to just be on the safe side) have a doctor check you out. When I went to the hospital when my water broke with Jr. the nurse did a test with a pre-treated cotton swab that changes color when it comes in contact w/ amniotic fluid. The swab did NOT change color, and she tried to tell me I probably just peed all over my self. I told her flat out I did NOT pee on my self - I trust MY judgement over yours anyday when it comes to my body, no either re-do the test or get another nurse in here so SHE can re-do the test. I got my test redone and it turns out I was right . Why didn't the first one change colors? It was just a plain cotton swab .
Oh, and FYI, my Dr. told me if it is CLEAR jell-o looking stuff it is probably the baby adjusting him/herself, and pressing on your cervix releasing some of the mucus plug. And your body is constantly making sure there's enough mucus plug (until it's time for the baby to be born). And to relax unless you see a "bloody show" or if your water breaks.

Hope this is at least somewhat helpful.

Jacqueline