View Single Post
January 30th, 2009, 05:43 PM
mummy2angel&ray's Avatar
mummy2angel&ray mummy2angel&ray is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: calgary alberta canada
Posts: 1,905
Well i'm new here and wanted to post my story about my miracle baby Angelynn

At 23 weeks I had alot of watery discharge and a very sore lower back. I was reading up on preterm labor and had a few of the signs. That whole pregnancy so far was problem free and everything was looking good. I woke up on a thursday morning with a small amount of fresh blood in my panties so I called and made an appointment with the doctor who scheduled to see me first thing the next morning. I was an idiot and went to work that day. I woke up friday morning and got ready for my appointment. I went outside to start the van and when I walked up the stairs and felt a warm gush. It freaked me out so I ran to the washroom.
When I pulled my pants down there was blood. everywhere. The floor was covered and the toilet was filled and it just wouldn't stop.
I screamed for Jay who was luckily still in bed and I was in a panicked state. I called my mom hysterical to let her know I was on my way to the hospital.

I got there and they checked to see if maybe I had placental abruption or if it was covering the cervix. They did some tests and a scan and everything was ok so they finally checked me internally. I was already 3 cm dilated.
Because we went to the hospital without a level 3 NICU I had to be transferred to a different one farther from home. When they told me my baby was coming my whole world stopped. I couldn't beleive that I had gone from OK one day, to possibly losing my baby the next.
I got to the other hospital and was given steroids and medicine to stop the contractions. I was poked so many time and they had taken so much blood I looked like a druggie.

THey managed to stop the labor for 2 days and the doctor was optimistic I would last a few more weeks if not the rest of the pregnancy which I would have had to stay in the hospital for.
Monday after the medication wore off to stop the contractions, they started back up almost immediately. I thought they were constipation cramps. THey strapped me to the tense machine and could see the waves picking up. I was put back up to the high risk ward where they kept an eye on me. They were giving me pain meds but around 3 they stopped working.
The contractions were coming every minute for minutes at a time. I couldn't bear the pain! Sometimes I get cramps like that and it brings back so many memories of that day and I can't beleive I managed them for so long.
Finally my mom got them to check me and I was 9cm dilated 100% effaced.
Luckily my waters didn't break which is amazing. Im sure it would have caused alot more problems.
I was immediately whisked away to surgery where they had to perform a classical c-section because she was so small and breech.

She was born Nov.12/2007 5:56pm at 24 weeks 5 days weighing 1lb 8oz and 12 1/4 " long.
She had PDA surgery at 13 days old. Had she not had the surgery she would have died probably the next day. She was very sick from this.
She was on the ventilator for about 5 weeks. She had very sick lungs and we almost lost her because of this.
She was in the hospital for a total of 103 days. She came home on low flow oxygen and also had ROP laser eye surgery only a week after she came home.

Today she's 14 months old actual and is 20lbs and almost 30" long. She's doing fantastic and is so healthy. We are so lucky and blessed that she's is OK and didn't have any other major problems. She's such a happy, friendly baby and I couldn't imagine my life without her!

here she is the day she was born.

And here she is now!!!

Thank you to everyone who manages to read through all of that I pray that this next pregnancy goes alot smoother!

Thank you HeatherW97 for my siggy

365 days of photos

Reply With Quote