View Single Post
February 5th, 2009, 01:19 AM
somedaymommy's Avatar
somedaymommy somedaymommy is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 91
Well here is my story...
In July of '04 at sixteen years old I found out that I was pregnant. I was both scared out of my mind and over the moon. I went and had my first ultrasound in early August, and found out that I was almost four months along. I called the baby's, for lack of better word sperm donor, who told me to have an abortion. Well I of course was having none of that. After talking with my mother we decided that we would raise the baby togather. At my next ultrasound I found out I was having a boy. I was thrilled! A little boy, wow! I was in middle of my fifth month and he was developing right on time. I started having Braxton Hicks contractions towards the end of my fifth month. After going in to my OB a couple of times, he told me not to worry about it, and that they would probably come and go through out my prenancy. Well into my sixth month everything was still going fine. I was at a mutal friends (sprem donors and mine) when he came with his girlfriend. There ended up being an arguement (nothing physical) and I left and went home. That night what I thought were the Braxton Hicks contractions started again. They continued through the night and next day. They had started to get abit worse than usual towards the evening, but I didnt worry about it like the OB said. Looking back it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Around nine o'clock that night I started bleeding, heavily. As soon as it started I went the ER, on the way in I felt like I had peed myself and knew that my water had broken. That is when I really started to panic and things start to get hazey. They took me into a exam room and checked me, I was already 7 cm. With my water broken and being to early to really help him they decided to let me continue on with labor and deliver my little boy at 27 weeks. They moved me up to Labor and Delivery with in a couple of hours I gave birth to my son. Layton Isaak John, on November 14th 2004. He weighed 1lbs. 2 oz, and was 11" long. He lived for almost 10 minutes before leaving. Needless to say my heart was broken.

In October of '05 I started having really bad cramps and heavy bleeding. I thought that I was just having a bad period. When I went to bathroom I passed two fleshy type clots. I stood there frozen, realizing that I had been carrying twins and had not even know. I went to the OB the next day and they confirmed that I had just had a m/c. I was so devestated over the babies that I didnt even know that I had inside of me.

Now this is where my story takes a turn for the "werider". In January of '06 I was feeling like I was pregnant. I was tired, my boobs hurt, I was nauseaous with any smell, and was craving things that I would never eat. I took a home pregnancy test that came back negative. I didnt know what to think so I let a couple of weeks go by and took another test, once again it was negative. By this point in early Febuary, I was positive that I was carrying a baby so I went into my doctor and had him give me a blood pregnancy test. Again negative. I didnt know what to think. I mean I had all the symptoms. The whole month went by still the symptoms presisted. I decided to go in again and have another test. Yet again negative. The game of me coming in every month for a test continued until May. At the end of May, I woke up one morning with two ticks on my back. Living in the country we took them off and froze them, just in case. About a week later the spot where I was bitten had developed a bullet sign and was oozing pus. Obviously something was wrong so I went in. Unable to see my regular doctor I got the on-call. She looked at it and did the test for Lyme's Disease. It came back negative but I was showing all the signs. So she told me I would have to go on hard-core antibiodics. At that point I bring up that I think I am definately pregnant (by this point I had a bump that my primary contributed to my weight gain... Hmm... I wonder why?) . So she did both a urine and blood pregnancy test, both coming up once again negative. I asked her if I could have an u/s and she told me that my insurance company wont give one unless there is valid reason, and with out a positive there wasnt one. I then getting desperate asked her to just put her stethescope to my stomach to see if she could hear a heartbeat. She then, having started to get annoyed, told me no and that if I am indeed pregnant, which she didnt think I was, the meds would stop the development of the baby. I told her that I wouldnt risk the life of the child I knew I was carrying. Her answer was, that if I didnt I would die. So having no other choice I started taking the medicine. The symptoms continued to get worse (for the sickness). I ended up in the ER 4 times within two weeks. All four times asking for a pregnancy test, all four times coming back negative. I was then sent down to Children's Hospital (my specialist works with them). They admitted me instantly and found out that I (at this point I thought the baby was already dead) was still pregnant, that the baby still had heart beat!! I couldnt believe it. I was estactic, my little fighter had defied the odds. Its little heart was still beating inside of me. They did an ultrasound where I found out that I was get this... seven months pregnant!!! I was in shock but also abit smug. I mean I had been telling the doctors that I was pregnant. They told me I was having another little boy. I was so happy. Then the dropped the bomb. That I did indeed have Lyme's Disase and that the antiboidics had stopped his development and he was to little to make it out side the womb at this point in time. If they could keep us both alive long enough he might have a chance. At this point my health was plummeting. They didnt know if I was going to make it much less him. They guesstimated that if I could stay pregnant for another 2 weeks he might have a fight chance out side of the womb. They started to treat me the best they could with me being pregnant. A week after I had been admitted, on the morning of June 13th, they went to find his heart beat, and couldnt. My second baby boy had died in the night. My heart broke for the third time that morning. They induced me and after 9 hours of labor, Wyatt Mathieu was born sleeping. He weighed 2lbs. 9 oz, and was 13" long.

I had really started to think that I couldnt go through this again, even at how young I was. The pain was just to unbearable, why willingly put my self through that? But as time has gone on I have decided to try again. So I am hoping and praying for a healthy little bean to hold in my arms, alive and well, soon.

~*~ Nikole ~*~
--- Mommy to ---
^*^ Layton Isaak John EDD 3-11-05 GOT HIS WINGS 11-14-04 ^*^
>*< Wyatt Mathieu EDD 9-16-07 GOT HIS WINGS 6-13-07 >*<
+*+WTTTC Healthy Baby #3 +*+
--- Godmommy to ---
@*@ Amara Lynn 1-15-08 @*@
$*$ Declan James 9-21-08 $*$
&*& Baby B (Hopin' for Team Blue) -Amara's sibling- EDD 9-19-09 &*&
--- Furmommy to ---
#*# Henri- 2 year old cockapoo #*#
Reply With Quote