View Single Post
March 25th, 2009, 07:16 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar
SusieQ2 SusieQ2 is offline
Jersey Girl
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 39,051
Sweetie, first of all march yourself down to the police station and get a restraining order. Pronto! Have your family get one too so he can't harass them either.

Make an appointment with your Dr or Planned Parenthood. They can counsel you on your options whether that be termination, adoption or keeping the baby. If you are considering termination as an option than you need to make an appointment to discuss it soon.

No offense but who really cares what your family thinks about what you decide? You're old enough to have had one child and be pregnant with another. This is your decision NOT theirs. It's harder to do without their support but ultimately you are the one who has to deal with the consequences of whatever decision you make. Do they really want you to be forever linked to an abusive awful man?

Even if you keep the baby it isn't easy to have parental rights terminated unless he chooses to have them terminated. You have to have proof that he's abusive and even if you have proof of that they'd likely say that it doesn't mean that he'd abuse the baby. It's a screwed up system but unfortunately that's the way it is.

I hope you find a way to work things out. This guy sounds completely toxic and someone you don't need to have in your life and he certainly doesn't sound like father of the year material.

Reply With Quote