View Single Post
June 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Jenneve's Avatar
Jenneve Jenneve is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,933
Well it was a very LONG labor! She went in to the doctor Wednesday morning to have her blood pressure checked because she's been having alot of trouble with it. Well when she was in there, the doctor went ahead and stripped her membranes. WHY do they do this?? Anyway, she ended up starting contractions on her own around 10am. Then they started pitocin around 1pm to start the induction. She was really progressing very very slowly. She had gotten a shot of demerol & fenergan (no clue why on that one since she wasn't even nauseated!) so it was going to be at least 4 hours before she could get an epidural, which she really wanted. On into the evening, the anesthesiologist had 2 back to back surgeries so it would be a couple more hours before he could do the epi, so they talked her into getting ANOTHER shot of demerol & fenergan, meaning it would be ANOTHER 4 hours before she could get the epi. By 9:30pm she was finally dialated to a 4 & they broke her water. After about 30 minutes she was asking for the epidural, but she had just had that shot & they told her she couldn't have the epi until 1:30am. Poor thing doesn't do well with pain. lol It was an interesting night. They checked her again around 11:15pm & she was still just a 4. So I left & decided I would just come back & see the baby this morning. I woke up at 5:30am & noticed I didn't have any messages on my cell. My sister was supposed to text me when there was any progress & when the baby was born. So since I didn't have any messages, I had to find out what was going on. She was STILL A 4!! At 5:30am! So I got up, got dressed, got Jacky off to work, got the boys fed & dressed, and we headed back up to the hospital. I got a text on the way, about 7am that she was still at a 4 and they were stopping the pitocin & discussing doing a c-section. I got there right at 7:30am, just 30 minutes after they stopped the pitocin. She was dialated to an 8! So she went from a 4 to an 8 within 30 minutes of stopping the pitocin. Oh, and she finally got her epi around 2am, but it wasn't really working except for numbing her legs. She went from an 8 to a 9 pretty quickly, like about 15-20 minutes? And then stayed at a 9 for 3 hours! The baby's heart rate kept dropping with every contraction, too. Once it dropped down to the low 50's and was having a hard time coming back up. But Kylie Machelle was finally born at 11:01 this morning after a very long & tiring 25 hour labor! She weighs 8lbs 2oz with a head full of dark black hair! She's so pretty. I'll share pics when I get them uploaded to my computer. I didn't get to take many because there were a lot of people in the room & then she was whisked away to the nursery after mom got to try nursing for a while. We were all ushered out during the nursing session. But I did get to hold her for a few minutes before getting shooed from the room. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, & well wishes.

Now, I'll be calling on you ladies again pretty soon. I have another niece (sisters ) about to have her baby just any day now. She's already dialated to a 3.5 and 75% effaced!
Happy Homeschooling Mom to:
Jack 7/27/99
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Reply With Quote